Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Please read: - New version of Forums?

Hi,<p>I have had several request for threads in these forums.<p>As many of you know, I always try to accommodate most requests.<p>To that end, I have set up a test board at this page.<p>Please take a moment to go there, and have a look, but before you do, please read to the bottom of this message.<p>The forum has only been up a few hours, and I have yet to fully configure it.<p>You do not need to register to post, but you will have great benefits if you do, but that should be fairly straight forward.<p>Even I am having to learn for layout and facilities on offer - so we are all green together.<p>So what is the differences?<p>1) You can choose between flatfile (as in these forums) or threaded views - you can later this as often as you like. You can even change your default way of viewing the site.<p>2) If you do not like our colours, change them - there are several different styles to choose from.<p>3) If you are not UK based, you can change the time displayed to your local time.<p>4) Polls are standard, although not that easy to implement, until you get the hang of it.<p>5) Who's online is standard.<p>6) You can add your own avatars, they can be anything you like - you can choose to display people's avatars next to their posts or not - the choice is yours.<p>7) Club forums can have extra forums now (I think!) - I can code them, their own entry page to the site, that will display only their forums initially.<p>8) The messages are SQL based, and are held in a large database on our server - this means that the new forums will be faster<p>9) You can be notified by email of any replies to your posts - you even get the full reply in your email box - this is any reply to any post, not just the topic starter.<p>10) You can choose your own password, from the outset - although your username cannot contain any special characters (i.e.) spaces etc.<p>11) Some of the glossy bits of the current forums will not exist - it is not quite as user friendly at the moment - although I will be adding new features.<p>I am sure that there are other differences, but as of yet, I have not discovered them all.<p>Please bear in mind that this is a BETA board, and to that end things may alter quickly, and without warning.<p>It has only been installed in the last 12 hours, so certain features may not yet exist.<p>What I need to know, from you is to whether you prefer the new version, or wish to stay with this one.<p>I was just going to move some of the club forums over there - but to be honest, I might as well move everything, if people prefer it.<p>I was going to wait until version 6 came out of the software, but have decided to bite the bullet and go for it wink.gif" border="0 <p>Please let me have your constructive comments.<p>Okay now head over to this page, and let me know what you think...<p>

Regards,<p>Ian

Non League UK<p>[ 23 February 2002: This message was edited by: admin ]<p>Updated link to a new home page for the new forum.<p>[ 23 February 2002: This message was edited by: admin ]</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry - I am desperatly wanting to find five minutes in my day in order to do it.<p>If anyone has any ideas as to how I can extend the day to 30 hours, please let me know....<p>On the other hand if anyone would like to get involved, please let me know as well.<p>Ian