Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 30th January Match Thread

Chris Clapham

Just seen on Twitter that Hartley is off.  I really feel for all down at Hartley because all the work put in.  In the hat for the QF fellas

If you were venturing down to Hartley then please divert yourself to Krooner Park and come and watch Camberley Town.  Lets cheer us through and then cheer Hartley through next weekend :)

I quite agree, Krooner !

Sapphire wedding anniversary for me and 'Er Indoors today, so I'm under strict orders !!

Groundhopper View - 

Ashford Town (Middlesex) v Colliers Wood United 
@Robert Parker Stadium 
£8 admission 
£1 Programme 
£2.80 Cheeseburger with Onions 
Ashford never really played like they were flying high in the table. They were pretty sloppy in the first half to be honest. Colliers Wood opened the scoring with a penalty after 15 mins and in all honesty they should've been at least 3-0 up at Half time they were continuously knocking on Ashford's door..with no.11 always being left with open chances but he couldn't finish on a few occasions. Colliers Wood had a youthful side who were pretty attacking minded and also had a fair bit of skill and pace which allows them to get into threatening positions. However,half time came along at 
Ashford 0-1 Colliers Wood 
The second half calmed down abit but Ashford were the better side creating more chances this time and on the 50th minute (I believe) Ashford found the equalized. Not much really happened between then and full time chances were coming from both sides but not clear cut. So the full time Score 
Ashford Town (Middlesex) 1-1 Colliers Wood United 
Must give credit to Colliers Wood for there performance today and I'm sure their manager will be happy with the point as they only had 1 man on the bench. 
Overall it was a decent game and a decent journey which saw the 3 buses I need come right at the time I was arriving there at the bus stop...wish it worked that way all the time!! Was home by about 5:20pm 

Archived