Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EU Referendum

• 1 month later...

Well, we're leaving then - a sad day for the UK. Note to Cameron/Osborne - hitting the hardest off in society for several years to balance the books and then expecting those same people to vote for you in a referendum was not the brightest of ideas.

I'm ecstatic !!

Now, maybe, we can start to take control of our beloved country AND trade with both Europe AND the world.

The rhetoric from European leaders today just goes to prove that they are unhappy at losing us AND losing a major contributor to the Brussels gravy train !!!!

(ps - Our first great Grand-Child was born in the early hours of Independence Day.  Another reason to be ecstatic !)

Personally Im ashamed of my generation for voting brexit and even more ashamed of my beloved home town for overwhelmingly supporting the great unknown, with no thought for future generations. 

I genuinely hope it all turns out OK but fear the worse, and quite frankly the intellectual ineptitude and racist bigotry which resulted in last nights result has astounded even and old cynic like me.

The vote's over and we as a country have to move on and make the best of it. We are going to struggle to make new, better trade deals as we haven't got the might of the EU to back us anymore. Our civil servants do not know how to do the administrative part of trade negotiations either. It's going to be a mess. Add to that the situation with Scotland and N. Ireland and we've opened up a can of worms. It may work out okay, but I doubt it.

One good thing though, congratulations on the birth of your great grand-child Big JR.

More people voted to leave its simple. Its called democracy just get on with it.

Peace.

Decision has been made, the people have spoken and we move on and make the most of it, agree.

However, I think when it becomes obvious that it's the wrong decision for the country that another referendum will be called - might take a few years.

Let's see what happens.

It now all depends on who takes over the reins from 'Call-Me-Dave' and then appoints his/her cabinet.  Whatever happens, it's bound to be full of Euro-sceptics who may just get a move on instead of dithering.

I feel dirty in saying this but I hope Theresa May gets in rather than Boris (like saying I want Flu rather than Cholera).

Now can Labour please sort themselves out, we need an effective opposition to the rabble that's in power.

I agree with you, Cuppa.

Unfortunately, the Labour Party hasn't just shot itself in its foot, it's commited complete Hari Kari.

Edited by Big J R

I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan (I agree with some things but disagree strongly with others) but he was democratically elected and if there is a leadership contest I think he will be re-elected.

Maybe the Labour MP's need to connect more with the members and find out from them the direction that the party needs to go in. 

Also, the bigger issue is whether the electorate would vote for Corbyn in an General Election. All the main political parties seem to be out of touch with the public hence the chaos we seem to be having at the moment.

I agree with you, Cuppa.

Unfortunately, the Labour Party hasn't just shot itself in its foot, it's commited complete Hari Kari.

Well actually BJR it hasn't. The Labour Party is "owned" by its members and its us who own the infrastructure, and not the 172 traitors who voted against our democratically elected leader. When Jeremy gets re-elected with an even bigger majority the rebels will have to form their own party without party headquarters and offices, the finances provided from party membership fees and massive trade union donations. As political strategists and democrats they have shown their true colours, and quite frankly my party is better off without them.

BTW, I was at Westminster on Monday evening for the pro Corbyn rally with 10,000 other like minded folk from just about every section of society possible. The reception he got when he came out to give a speech was of rock star proportions. He had just come from a parliamentary LP meeting and he was blamed for inciting a mob and a rabble by the traitors. Some things you really couldn't make up. 

I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan (I agree with some things but disagree strongly with others) but he was democratically elected and if there is a leadership contest I think he will be re-elected.

Maybe the Labour MP's need to connect more with the members and find out from them the direction that the party needs to go in. 

Also, the bigger issue is whether the electorate would vote for Corbyn in an General Election. All the main political parties seem to be out of touch with the public hence the chaos we seem to be having at the moment.

I think if the Tories call a snap general election it will be one no party wants to win as they will be in charge of brexit negotiations. If the negotiation go badly and they still take us out and things go really tits up they will never be forgiven. If they decide to take the sensible option and keep us in they will be seen as undemocratic and face political oblivion.  

Boris is desperate for power, he won't call an election if he becomes PM.

Whether or not Corbyn is the correct person to lead the country or not, he will never be allowed to become the PM either.

I think the question is do Labour compromise in order to get back into power? I'm guessing that's what the Labour MP's that have resigned from the shadow cabinet are thinking.

It's a mess.

Saw Farage at the EU the other day, he was acting like a petulant child. Bet the other EU MEP's will be glad to be shot of him.

Stand corrected on Boris - Smart move from him.

I strongly believe that Boris deciding not to stand at the very last moment is another cunning cynical Tory plot to con the electorate.

It now has to be between Gove, (Brexit) and Theresa May, (Remain).

Watch this space !!

I strongly believe that Boris deciding not to stand at the very last moment is another cunning cynical Tory plot to con the electorate.

It now has to be between Gove, (Brexit) and Theresa May, (Remain).

Watch this space !!

Never trust a Tory 

Boris stabbed Cameron in the back, Gove stabbed Boris in the back and May did a 'Switzerland' on the whole situation - remain neutral, keep out of the limelight and clean up.

These are the people who are running the country!

...... and Nigel Farage has quit politics, (ALLEGEDLY).

YEAH, RIGHT !!  He'l still be pulling the UKIP strings.