Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Deeney relishing Tamworth challenge

FF News

Recent arrival, Ellis Deeney, is relishing the challenge that stands before him here at Tamworth

The Lambs secured his services from National League North rivals, Worcester City, where he was captain, last month.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Worcester, but the time was right to move on,” admitted the former Aston Villa junior. “I was keen to take on a new challenge and coming here ticked a lot of boxes for me.

“The move to Tamworth felt right straight away and I am looking forward to helping the club progress.

“It’s a long-term project and there is so much potential at the club. I really liked what the Gaffer and Mike [Fowler] had to say and I’m enjoying being part of it already.

“My game can really develop here; it’s a great environment and the lads have really helped me to settle in quickly.

"I already knew a few of the lads, so that’s always good, but the rest of the group has been fantastic and there is a lot of quality here.

“We’ve got talent in all positions and I think we’ll be up there challenging when it counts at the end of the season.

“There’s plenty of games coming up and plenty of points up for grabs, but we have to take it one game at a time and right now our focus is on beating Brackley Town at the weekend.”

Source: www.thelambs.co.uk

Source

Archived