Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Colwyn Bay boss looking for a happy return to former club

FF News

Colwyn Bay face a massive game at bottom four rivals Marine on Tuesday night, knowing victory will lift them above the Merseysiders and put them level on points with fifth-bottom Whitby Town.

Manager Kevin Lynch returns to the ground where he spent four successful years as boss before joining Chesterfield as first team coach and admits: “It is a huge game for both clubs and whoever wins will feel they have a great chance of getting out of trouble.

“We go there in good shape after two wins on the bounce and the players had a good training session at the weekend after the Buxton game was called off, so we are ready and looking forward to it.

"I had four great years at Marine with some great memories and I will always be grateful to them for starting me on the managerial ladder, but now I’m fully focused on Colwyn Bay and on getting a positive result for them.”

He has a full strength squad available apart from Shaun Pearson who is currently awaiting an operation on his injured knee and is unlikely to play again this season

Marine go into the game on the back five straight defeats and their only win in their last 11 league and cup games (nine defeats and one draw) was against rock bottom Ramsbottom.

They counted themselves unlucky, however, to lose 1-0 at promotion-chasing Workington last Saturday after dominating much of the second half

Source: www.colwynbayfc.co.uk

Source

Archived