Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New director for Imps

FF News

Lincoln City have announced that Clive Nates has joined the club as a Director.

A statement on the Imps website read "Clive, who has invested a six-figure sum in the Club though Sportvest Capital LLP, is a global equity investor and retired hedge fund manager based in Sandton, South Africa.

He has followed City's fortunes since the early 2000s and attended a number of games, both at Sincil Bank and away from home, during the past year whilst negotiations were taking place with regards to his investment.

These discussions have now been concluded, with Chairman Bob Dorrian delighted to welcome Clive aboard.

"On behalf of myself and the Board, we are extremely happy to welcome Clive Nates to Lincoln City Football Club, both as an investor in the Club as well as a director in LCFC and Lincoln City Holdings, through his company Sportvest Capital LLP," said Mr Dorrian.

"It is a year since I started dialogue with Clive and his potential involvement in the Club. Happily, negotiations progressed well, culminating in today's announcement.

"Clive, like ourselves, is looking forward to helping us to achieve our goal of returning to the Football League as quickly as possible.

"In the meantime we shall look forward to seeing Clive at Sincil Bank in March, where perhaps some of you will have the opportunity to meet him. Welcome aboard Clive."

Clive added: "I am delighted that agreement has been reached. It has taken some time but the Club has had a number of issues to resolve and these have now been positively concluded.

"The funds introduced are relatively small in the context of teams at the top of the National League but they do provide stability for the Club and a fighting chance of achieving the success the fans desire.

"The Club still needs the ongoing support of fans and all other stakeholders, especially during difficult times, to ensure that Lincoln maintains a viable professional football club in the city.

"I am grateful for the support of Bob and the Board of Directors, of the Supporters' Trust and the vast majority of fans and hope that more exciting times lie ahead. I especially want to thank Kevin Cooke for all the hard work that has been necessary to conclude the deal."

Source: www.redimps.co.uk

Source

Archived