Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ross steps down as Barnton chairman

FF News

Ian Ross has stepped down from his position as Chairman of NWCFL club Barnton.

A statement on the club website read: "It is with regret that we have to announce that our Chairman Ian Ross is to step down from his role with immediate effect. Current Vice Chairman Mark Griffiths will become Interim Chairman whilst a replacement is sought.

Ian has told us, "Last summer I had a number of medical incidents which resulted in me losing my driving licence in September.

Since then I have carried on my role as normal at the club, and in doing so it became extremely challenging to me and in particular my family.

The family/business/Barnton FC balancing act had to come to an end, and the need to devote my time to my young family and business has taken precedence, regardless of how difficult this decision has been to make.

We have come a long way in the near 4 years I have been at the club, and the club is now in a very healthy state both on and off the pitch.

I intend to help out at the club and support Mark in anything he requires until such time as the club can appoint another Chairman on a permanent basis.

I would like to wholeheartedly thank the current and past club committee members for their unwavering and continued support and each and every individual who have helped me in my time at the club, both as Manager and Chairman.

I would finally like to wish Leon, Andy and all of the first team players the best of luck heading into the business end of the season, hopefully steering the club to promotion to the NWCFL Premier Division, and also everyone connected to the Under 18’s as they finish off a great season in the NW Youth Alliance."

Mark added, "I would like to thank Ian for his dedication and vision that he has brought to the club with his fresh
approach to the problems faced in a challenging league.

I also wish to thank Ian for his continuing support in the interim until Barnton FC find a new Chairman.

Barnton FC is now in the best shape it has ever been in and this is as a result of his stewardship.

On a personal note I want to say Ian brought his own brand of humour and I have enjoyed the friendship we have had over the last 4 years with him and his devoted wife Vicky.

I and the Barnton committee wish them both good luck and health for the future."

Source: www.barntonfc.co.uk

Source

Archived