Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Town 0

Swifty

Another deserved win ground out, this time against a very route one, direct and physical (but not overly physical) team. We found that extra bit of mettle today and everyone was up for the challenge.

I understand Camberley's main forward was missing, and with him went much of their attacking nous. We had a few scares from Chris Ellis's missile throw-ins but our defence held firm and Tyler wasn't really tested all game, whereas the best and attractive moves were from our lads, and Camberley keeper Craig Bradshaw made one really good save and one blinder. 

We got the all important goal in the 66th minute, when a Bitz free kick from just outside the box was parried by the possibly unsighted Bradshaw, into the path of Josh Andrew who gobbled up the rebound. We thought we had another near to full time but Dan's effort was ruled out for offside, and it sounded from the crowd nearby that the decision was marginal.

Best tackle of the game was the ref's blatant block on Bobby Dormer in the first half. I thought the ref was very lenient and could have booked three or four Camberley players, while we got a yellow (and equalled the card count?) for time wasting. Funny how some refs overfuss and book too many, whereas today's ref was the other end of the scale.

Everyone put a shift in and should be very pleased with their efforts, but Weighty got a lot of MOTM votes for a never-say-die, never-get-past performance in midfield.

Well done, lads!

Eddie. You are on the ball concerning the ref, pulling four or five Cambo players for mouthing no bookings, then booking an Ashford player for so called time wasting. Weighty def M O M

Second goal not offside for me.

Gents I can confirm that no Ashford players were carded today but Camberley had two having seen the crime sheet after the game. Referee for me was always in total control of the game. Give me that rather than the card happy idiots we have had at times this season.

A great game from Ashford,an all round team performance,well done to the whole team.

Camberley are a very good team who play to their strengths which are,long balls straight down the middle,huge punts by the keeper,and will try to muscle opponents off the ball,and they did not vary from this method,which is also their weakness,if teams can stand up to this,as Ashford did,then they stand a good chance to beat them.

Camberly were clearly worried about Dan and Bitz because they put two defenders on them as soon as Ashford started to attack which in turn left spaces for other players to exploit,Josh Andrews goal being a prime example.(no defender on the post which left the gap for Josh to score after the keeper had spilt the ball from Bitz fierce free kick).

For me Scot Weight gets my vote for man of the match.

Thanks to our chairman for clarifying the bookings count. Admittedly, I prefer refs not to dish cards out like confetti when not needed, and I didn't realise two Town players had been booked. The ref certainly wasn't one of those 'all about me' types we suffer occasionally.

Camberley were just one direction by thumping the ball high and long, and lacked any other ideas, I have to say the football must have needed medical treatment from being so long in the air, but at least Ashford kept the ball down.

I can remember the Camberley number 14 being booked for giving to much chat to ref don't remember him booking any body else, as for the offside goal that linesman just wanted to get involved with the game he came across as one of them ?

Good win for Ashford, now look forward to seeing Ashford v Hartley. I do hope on Saturday, Hartley play a different style than Camberley thumping the ball in the air as I got a stiff neck from the first half, hence I stood at the end of pitch near corner flag ?

From Hartley web page

NEWS

Ground Improvements - Call for Volunteers and Sponsors

Lots of work to be done for our promotion push; we need volunteer labour and sponsors for materials. The dugouts need refurbishing; we're looking to chain link fence infill between the perimeter railing; fencing works to front of hedge, and new railing to entrance. New signage; tarmac work to entrance plus marking. Standing areas and new 50 seater stand. If you can help in any way, please speak to one of the commitee members or get in touch via the contact form or email admin@hartleyfc.com.

From Hartley web page

NEWS

Ground Improvements - Call for Volunteers and Sponsors

Lots of work to be done for our promotion push; we need volunteer labour and sponsors for materials. The dugouts need refurbishing; we're looking to chain link fence infill between the perimeter railing; fencing works to front of hedge, and new railing to entrance. New signage; tarmac work to entrance plus marking. Standing areas and new 50 seater stand. If you can help in any way, please speak to one of the commitee members or get in touch via the contact form or email admin@hartleyfc.com. 

And all the works have to be finished in a week's time!!

Archived