Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bull's future uncertain as rumours persist Laslett is quitting

kentonlinesport

It always amazes me about how clubs get into a knot when things don't go well for them. In this case, Margate did well to get promoted from last season. Now that you are having a bad spell at the moment, so the s--t fly. Did the management think you would win promotion again, then again then again??? C'mon, you had a good spell to keep Margate in the race for next season. Be interesting to see what really happens next.

PS: got any good players for next season for the Rams ^_^ ^_^

Well,if the rumours do turn out to be true about Mr. L. leaving,then I dread to think what could happen to this club.

With the budget being reduced,I could see a mass exodus of players,as the club basically cannot afford to pay these people,based solely on attendance money alone.

The PAID!(!?)staff,who work the turnstiles and burger vans(if this is not the case,please tell)would have to go,as the Football Club couldn't afford them either.

Forget the myth that HDP would be rebuilt-that wouldn't happen for a long time.

Relegation back to the Ryman would be a certainty,and with that attendances would fall.

Result,less money coming in,to afford players or ground improvements.

Do we really want this to happen,in view of all the hard work that has been put in,in the past!?

Someone from the club needs to make a statement,as the rumour mill will go into overdrive,the longer nothing is said.

The only bright thing to look forward to is a Thanet derby!

well no wonder its all gone wrong on the pitch with all this going on behind the scenes....NKN is right someone from the club needs to make a statement to say if the rumour is true or not, keeping all those connected with MFC  is bad policy in my eyes and the longer nothing is said the worse things will get. I personally fear the worst but hopefully I'm proved wrong.....  

going by the latest in the Gazette, it's things as normal and it's a three year plan

yes just seen the article Bill so thanks for that.... what's the saying 'when one door shuts another one opens' not left in limbo like other clubs that have had changes above so will take this good news and see how things pan out for the future

going by the latest in the Gazette, it's things as normal and it's a three year plan

So now its a 3 year plan,as opposed to a 5 year plan,with the aim of being in the Football League!

That seems a hell of a statement to make,because if "Uncle Bob" withdraws his money(assuming the worst case scenario),how on earth will that happen!?

This club would not survive without his money. Would HDP be built to Football league standards?

Read what other teams fans think of it. Its not worthy of the Conference South(or even Ryman League)

Do you honestly think things would change in 3 years,when its been a "building site" for the last dozen or so?

You're also going to need to get a few more bodies through the gates to help in this venture. Just how are they going to manage that? People might say that the crowds have gone up,but that's to be expected,when you play in a higher league.

And lastly,you're going to need the players(who no doubt will expect the pay). Unless the crowds increase,bringing in the revenue,the club wont be able to support the wage bill,solely based on gate money.

Unless someone proves otherwise,I just feel that this speech is "Company Spiel",aimed at keeping the natives happy.

I just hope I'm proved wrong

i don't think you will get many margate supporters disageeing with you.

It what most of us know realise and expect.

the next thing in about a months time will be the 'appeal' for additional investors to help the cause,which will fall on deaf ears-and then it will all be the fault of the supporters .

just so predictable

that given-if anyone could provide the specific link to the article in I of T gazette, it would be appreciated.

many thanks

Archived