Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ashford 1 - 1 Hartley Wintney

Heart break for Ashford as HW equalise in the last minute of added time to cancel out Jack Beadle's goal in the 37th minute.Ashford, having played so well through out the match must have been deflated but they can hold their heads high as they matched the league leaders kick for kick and header for header and given the awful weather conditions Ashford put in a performance that was so good that this writer can't remember a better display this season.

The crowed were treated to an excellent and highly enjoyable game of football which flowed end to end for the whole 90 minutes with no let up in the pace or intensity. Difficult to choose man of the match as the whole team played so well, but I give my vote to Tyle Tobin for his assured handling and command of his penalty area which in turn gave confidence to his defenders, and taking into account the weather conditions it was an excellent display of goalkeeping.

I can't add too much to the account by smoking-gun, except the two performances against the two other top contenders with ourselves were outstanding. We should have wrapped the game up but after an amazing period of football, control was lost, at the last moment.

If we manage promotion we will more than hold a top six position with this young team.

Good times ahead

I was expecting more quality from HW, give them credit for working hard for each other and having the mental strength to keep battling to the end, but I thought our defence coped really well with their forwards. Their only real chances were a header against the post in the first half and a decent save from Tyler late in the game. We had the opportunities to win the match;Josh was unlucky not to score after his mazy run ended with  a gust of wind blowing  the ball off his left foot as he went to shoot.

Anyway, good luck to HW as they are near certainties for the title now.

We need to concentrate on winning our last few games and hope that Camberley drop a few points.

I was expecting more quality from HW, give them credit for working hard for each other and having the mental strength to keep battling to the end, but I thought our defence coped really well with their forwards. Their only real chances were a header against the post in the first half and a decent save from Tyler late in the game. We had the opportunities to win the match;Josh was unlucky not to score after his mazy run ended with  a gust of wind blowing  the ball off his left foot as he went to shoot.

Anyway, good luck to HW as they are near certainties for the title now.

We need to concentrate on winning our last few games and hope that Camberley drop a few points.

Could be nail biting...our last fixture's on April 30th, and two days later it's Hartley Wintney v Camberley Town!

The game has come too late, if Hartley have won the league already the game is insignificant. If they fail with the ground grading they may well have who goes up in their hands.

And The Row have failed the grading...

http://www.hartleyfc.com/hartley-wintney-fc-forum.php?controller=pjLoad&action=pjActionView&id=70

Farnham Town did us a bit of a favour this evening by drawing 1-1 with Camberley, meaning that the Krooners are nine points behind us, with three games in hand and a goal difference six inferior to ours. And one of their games in hand is against Hartley, who will want to finish the season as strongly as possible.

There's a massive amount of work to do, but we can get promotion if we remain focussed on the task at hand.

Hi Gareth hope you're settling in up in Liverpool. Looking forward to popping along to Short Lane the next 2 Tuesdays to see Ashford in Cup action and drop off a few programmes and books for the shop and see if I can spend some money. Exciting times ahead hopefully for a deserving club and bunch of people

Went to Egham the other week and they lost 4-1 at home. Someone wasn't very happy

Archived