Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 2nd April Match Thread

Premier Division
AFC Hayes v Redhill 
Badshot Lea v Bedfont Sports 
Chertsey Town v Camberley Town 
Colliers Wood United v Farnham Town 
Cove v Sutton Common Rovers 
Guildford City v Epsom & Ewell 
Horley Town v Ashford Town 
Raynes Park Vale v Knaphill 
Westfield v Hanworth Villa 
Windsor v Hartley Wintney 

Division 1
Abbey Rangers v Ash United 
Bedfont & Feltham v Sheerwater 
Dorking Wanderers Reserves v Staines Lammas 
Epsom Athletic v Dorking 
Eversley & California v CB Hounslow United 
Farleigh Rovers v Frimley Green 
Sandhurst Town v South Park Reserves 
Worcester Park v Banstead Athletic 

Colliers Wood United  1 -  0  Farnham Town.

Harding. 17 mins.

Colliers Wood United  2  -  0  Farnham Town.

Harding. 17 mins:  Embalo 39 mins:

Colliers Wood United  2  -  1  Farnham Town.

Harding. 17 mins:  Embalo 39 mins

Glass  41 Mins:

H/T Score.

Epsom Athletic  1 - 0   Dorking F.C.

Half Time Score.

Also Full Time Score.

Colliers Wood United  2  -  2  Farnham Town.

Full Time.

94th. Minute goal for Farnham Town.

Any sign of the pound notes spilling out of the Hartley players shorts?

Cambo and Ashford missing a chance to improve their PPG, assuming it goes down that route.

Really could we have done anything more than win today ?

Sorry Krooner - Full Time had it down as 4-1 to Chertsey which seemed a surprise at the time. Not my fault I read an incorrect score.

It's been changed now.

Poor effort nosher blaming others for your own shortcomings ;)

Tough game for the Krooners today.  First half was low on quality but it was the Curfews who had the better chances and will probably feel they should have gone in ahead.  Ref was a strange one today and I am looking forward to seeing the highlights to see what one particular tackle that went unpunished actually looked like again !

2nd half was much better from our point of view and 3 goals in the first 20 minutes of the half killed the game.  Chertsey got a deserved goal but a 4th near the end underlined our 2nd half dominance.

HW were 1-0 up at HT - although we had missed a couple of gilt edged chances HW were looking the more dangerous team as the half wore on.

But at HT they were given the most fearful rollicking. Lots of swearing, and at full volume so everyone in the vicinity of the changing rooms could hear.

Didn't do them any harm but it did seem a bit OTT to the casual listener!

HW were 1-0 up at HT - although we had missed a couple of gilt edged chances HW were looking the more dangerous team as the half wore on.

But at HT they were given the most fearful rollicking. Lots of swearing, and at full volume so everyone in the vicinity of the changing rooms could hear.

Didn't do them any harm but it did seem a bit OTT to the casual listener!

That seems to be page 1 of the coaching manual at this level. The louder you shout and swear the better you will get out of players. Don't understand it myself.

Abbey Rangers 3 Ash Utd 1

Another game a title/promotion challenging team, but this time was beaten by a very good side. First visit to Abbey to watch senior football ( been there several times to watch my son play youth football, looks totally different but excellent work has been done & good luck to them)

Abbey started well & took the lead when Ash failed to deal with a long goal kick & the forward held off the challenge to slot the ball home. Abbey had chances to increase their lead but failed to do so & slowly Ash got into the game, then just before halftime won a penalty which was converted to go in level at half time.

Second half was minutes old when a good shot on the turn from the edge of the area restored Abbey's lead. Abbey upped their game & dominated but Ash never out of the game until the last ten minutes when a well work third goal was scored.

Just 3 more games to go

Good luck to all the teams involved in the div1 promotion & title challenge

Windsor 0-3 HW

Well beaten by a good team.

Nice not have to wear s thick coat to a game!

Oh, and I've not mentioned him for a while but it could have been a few more but for another excellent performance from 'keeper Carl Dennison.

Although he did actually let in a bit of a soft one in the previous game (well, he ain't perfect!) some of the saves he has made recently have been jaw-dropping and it's been like that all season really.

Never has a player of the season award been such a foregone conclusion.

Tough game for the Krooners today.  First half was low on quality but it was the Curfews who had the better chances and will probably feel they should have gone in ahead.  Ref was a strange one today and I am looking forward to seeing the highlights to see what one particular tackle that went unpunished actually looked like again !

2nd half was much better from our point of view and 3 goals in the first 20 minutes of the half killed the game.  Chertsey got a deserved goal but a 4th near the end underlined our 2nd half dominance.

Well watched the highlights again and I remain of the opinion that the tackle by the home keeper was a penalty and a straight red.  Have a watch and let me all have your thoughts.

Archived