Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2016/17 CCL Groundsharing

Two New Agreements Received

Banstead Athletic FC have signed a ground share agreement, whereby AC London, who are currently members of the Kent Invicta League, will play at Merland Rise next season, subject to formal approval by the two League’s Management Committees. The agreement provides for Banstead to have priority of fixture.

Surrey Elite League side Balham FC, who are hopeful of promotion to the CCL at the end of the season, and who have been playing at Cobham FC this season, will share at Colliers Wood United next season.

Hyperthetical question, could three or even four teams share a 3G ground. Maybe each week an 11:00 then one at 15:00.

I can hear the screams already.

Sorry to jump on the back of this post but Lyne F.C are looking for a potential ground share.

It is only to Surrey Intermediate levels for next season (So not an excessive amount of League games) but we are keen to go up the levels quickly and equally want a decent club to play out of.

If anyone is interested or if anyone knows of a good ground you can point us in the direction of it would be much appreciated.

Please drop me an email or DM me.

mens@lynefc.co.uk

Nigel

Thanks Nosher,

To be honest went over there today for a watch, but they have a reserve team, youth team and so on so didn’t pursue as thought was pointless.

It would be idea for us to be fair (local) but we are not a club which wants to tread on toes we know and what’s more those that we don’t know.

We have already done our budget for next season but need to act quickly to secure a ground.

Thanks for reply and suggestion

It's a shame you couldn't get in at CWU (now Balham are there). They are big supporters of clubs who want to get on and do the right thing.

Other suggestion is Abbey. They have several teams but might welcome the extra income.

How long can a team afford to run a Saturday reserve team with all the lucrative ground share options now available, turning down quite substantial amounts of money seems an opertunity too good to miss.

With teams running midweek youth teams joining a midweek reserve league is out of the question for most clubs.

How long can a team afford to run a Saturday reserve team with all the lucrative ground share options now available, turning down quite substantial amounts of money seems an opertunity too good to miss.

With teams running midweek youth teams joining a midweek reserve league is out of the question for most clubs.

I would go the other way, I understand the money side of things but it's mad just to dismiss your reserve team. We certainly wouldn't have had as good a season without our reserves this year. A number of players have been called up and done well, couple youth team boys stepped straight in when needed (wouldn't have been ready if not for the reserves) and without those we would have been light and potentially dropped points.

Also not sure how we would have kept players that hadn't been starting happy, few new signings that needed minutes wouldn't have got sharp and players that had been sat on the bench would have lost all match fitness.

Couple of questions Chris!

- Does that mean AC London have applied for a sideways switch?

- How does the groundshare switch affect Balham's chances of promotion (given the 1 year rule etc)?

Cheers!

Couple of questions Chris!

- Does that mean AC London have applied for a sideways switch?

- How does the groundshare switch affect Balham's chances of promotion (given the 1 year rule etc)?

Cheers!

Gav

I have no idea re AC London.

Nor do I know much about them except they approached us re a possible ground share 18 months ago and they received a large FA fine last October. - http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=669742;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

As far as Balham are concerned, their return to Wibbandune has been discussed at length between the clubs, the CCL and the County FA.and the arrangement for 2016/17 has been in place quite a while. Thier under 18 side will be with us as well.

I don't think the 1 year rule applies in this case.

Balham were sharing at Cobham FC but they sought an alternative arrangement after important discussions with their local authority, County and, I believe, the CCL.

Lazarus may be able to reveal more info but I certainly wouldn't although the "issue" is, apparently, common knowledge.

Balham were already playing at a gorund that met the grading for division one so as long as their new agreement was in place by 31/03/16 and runs until at lest the end of the 2016/17 season they will be fine.

It was, and it does.

I would like to add that Balham and ourselves get on very well.

There is no problem with Balham playing at CWU as they were already in a ground share, so they have not moved into one to gain promotion.

The League has received no communication from AC London, verbal or otherwise, although that doesn't mean in itself that the FA won't transfer them to us come the time.

Archived