Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 2 Towners 0

Swifty

A fine performance by the lads, gaining us a Middlesex Charity cup semi at Hanworth Villa. 

I don't know how many first teamers Enfield Town fielded, though I recognised some of the names from the Senior Cup semi-final, but they played smooth yet fast and not unstylish football and kept us on our toes, especially after the break. Despite that, we had an excellent first 45 and were deservedly two ahead at half time. We got the perfect start with Bitz giving us the lead within two-and-a-half minutes, and Perry doubled the advantage in the 22nd.

Enfield upped the ante in the second half but we were able to hold them off, especially when Tyler made the save of the season so far down to his left post to stop a surefire goal. As the game wore on, our main strike force was subbed (to save them for Guildford City?) and we lost most of our cutting edge and reverted to playing on the break yet still had moments which worried our visitors.

Dan had an excellent 62 minutes, playing the most all-round attack / midfield game I've seen him play, and it was a surprise to me and some others that he got subbed after 62 minutes. Bitz followed him soon after, having run himself into the ground, but Dan still did enough overall to be my man off the match.

Nice to catch up with a few good folk yesterday including Ben. Was very impressed with Ashford from back to front and if Josh hadn't got his feet in a muddle late on it could have been 3 though as Swifty says Tyler had pulled off a great save earlier

Good open entertaining game with Enfield playing their part and I can confirm the tannoy announcer was not at fault when he read the Enfield keepers name the other way round pre match :-). It had been submitted by an Enfield committee man that way and was only corrected as one of the keepers relatives was sat in front of me

Tasty steak pie at £1.20 hit the spot as well, so good I had 2 (I'm a growing lad)and nice to see the fans clap both sides off at the end

Well done to the ref who told Russ the swearing was getting too loud and people hadn't come to hear that (or words to that effect) though he lost marks with me for telling oranges to get a move on

I can only watch midweek games these days so wish you luck for Saturday and you may see me again next Tuesday for the Camberley game

There are some very interesting comments and criticisms of their squad on the Enfield Town forum on this site regarding this cup game.

Archived