Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Halsey

Just seen some chatter on Twitter saying Paul Halsey has left Hertford Town. Is this true?

Edited by Uncle T

Can't see an official announcement but there's so much chatter that this looks very likely to be fact.  I suspect there will be mixed opinions on this one as HTFC have improved significantly on and off the field in the last few years.  Whilst acknowledging that I don't get back to the UK much (maybe watch 3 games a season) I have doubts wrt whether he is the man to get the club the promotion that it really wants/needs. Some great results this season no disputing that but at the same time there have also been quite a few heavy defeats so that I sometimes wonder which HTFC will  turn up - the 5-1 version or the 1-5 version ??

The decision will not be popular with some (nor will this post I guess) - but ultimately I feel it's the correct thing to do - now it's just a question of which the replacement will be.

rgds Dave (in KL)

Early rumours suggest Adam Lee has already been handed the keys to Hertingfordbury Park

I love the way the guys disgusted with HTFC action....numerous times this season his behaviour has been worse than disgusting...in his defence he has done an ok job with Hertford, but lets be honest, its a club well setup for the next level and beyond...why would you want such an idiot running the team, constantly getting sent to the stands and trying to fight fans....i find it hard to believe other than the fact hes the brother of a celebrity level ref any other positives to keeping him....must be costing the club a fortune in fines and other detrimental aspects to the club like the reputation and credibility.

Great news, now push on with a better more respected manager and achieve promotion next season.

P.s admire the loyalty from Leigh Rose on his tweet, but come on lad, im sure you will get paid somewhere else. Good player

Christmas comes early for HSAP. Might have to change your user name now he's out of a job

Booked in to have a double party with Vardy....Merry Xmas Hongfield....have a good one...lets hope he doesnt pop up anywhere near this league in the foreseeable future....honestly the best decision HTFC have made all season, only so much of the budget can go on fines and rebuilding the reputation...after all "No Ballsy is bigger than the club"

Booked in to have a double party with Vardy....Merry Xmas Hongfield....have a good one...lets hope he doesnt pop up anywhere near this league in the foreseeable future....honestly the best decision HTFC have made all season, only so much of the budget can go on fines and rebuilding the reputation...after all "No Ballsy is bigger than the club"

not sure why you hate him so much but imo its an awful decision from hertford, both of there top goal scorers will leave and plenty more will most likely follow him. I couldn't care less but seems like a daft move from them

not sure why you hate him so much but imo its an awful decision from hertford, both of there top goal scorers will leave and plenty more will most likely follow him. I couldn't care less but seems like a daft move from them

I have my reasons and so do half the fan base of the league by the looks of it....its awful from a results and team cohesion basis i will agree most definately, there is no denying he is a decent manager who produces the goods, but as a human being and ambassador for your club, if you want to be taken seriously and not tarnish a historical club then no, no way. Trying to hit fans and being sent off numerous times each season isnt great is it...i mean too many fans are wearing the old rose tinted glasses...I think reading between the lines, its a case of noone is bigger than the club...especially at this level. The committee have looked out for the good of the club, which you have to admire them on. In this league there are many managers better than him or on par.

This could turn out to be like the time Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins. We all gasped in disbelief, then a little man (Potch) came in, and didn't he do well!

Then again, it could not. 

Tune in next season to find out. 

Looks to have been a very poorly communicated and executed decision. But the wrong decision? I'm not so sure.

Hertford applied for promotion, so perhaps they were expecting to be a bit closer then a very distant 4th to potentially 8th depending on how the season ends.

And their goals against column speaks for itself.

Wether or who they have lined up as a replacement will show if it was the right decision or not.

Unfortunately at this level, players tend to follow managers. So they'll be plenty of chances to overuse the words "rebuilding" and "transition period" next season.

They have a decent ground and fan-base though. So I'm sure they'll be heading in the right direction in the long run.

Very good point on the "players follow, managers comment"....wonder who will honestly want someone with Halseys "problematic" persona at their club...its only going to dent the reputation in the long run, because he isnt going to change...the fact he likes to attack fans isnt the greatest and if he joined my club i think a hell of a lot of fans would not bother watching the club and so lost revenue ensues and you go back a step....and all for what....a celebrity refs brother :o  :o :o  

Very good point on the "players follow, managers comment"....wonder who will honestly want someone with Halseys "problematic" persona at their club...its only going to dent the reputation in the long run, because he isnt going to change...the fact he likes to attack fans isnt the greatest and if he joined my club i think a hell of a lot of fans would not bother watching the club and so lost revenue ensues and you go back a step....and all for what....a celebrity refs brother :o  :o :o  

And who is your team? Cantona attacked fans and plenty of clubs wanted him back in the day. Maybe a few clubs out there would love him, especially some of those down the bottom. 

I would just like to clarify that Paul attacking a fan was a completely different incident to football.

Paul was protecting his 6 year old grand daughter who was knocked to the floor by WGC fans trying to get at the HTFC bench. She was hurt in this incident. And they are lucky that the incident wasn't taken further on the request of the club.

I'm guessing as you seem to know so much you were one of these fans that caused this. Just think yourself lucky that it wasn't taken further. Also as her mother why don't you come and shout your lies to me.

You were very quiet on you're home turf!!!! Scared the truth will come out.

Tell me who wouldn't have done the same thing In Paul's position?