Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

120 Years

Thanetian Since 75

Never mind the new badge! The best thing the club could do to celebrate 120 years is NOT get relegated back to the Ryman Premier !

The badge is rather nice though :D

Whatever happens we will still be celebrating 120 years of our club we are all passionate about.

Why not celebrate the 120 years with playing in a blue & white strip* for the last two games. Why we bucked with tradition and played in a burple strip, I can't understand. Look what happened to Cardiff when their new owner changed from their traditional blue strip to a lucky Chinese red strip. They were relegated from the Premiership and last year nearly went down again. This season they changed back to the traditional blue and they are near the play offs this season. As I say don't mess with the omens.

* If the old strip does not show the sponsors name cut it out the burple and stitch on the blue and white kit 

Why not celebrate the 120 years with playing in a blue & white strip* for the last two games. Why we bucked with tradition and played in a burple strip, I can't understand. Look what happened to Cardiff when their new owner changed from their traditional blue strip to a lucky Chinese red strip. They were relegated from the Premiership and last year nearly went down again. This season they changed back to the traditional blue and they are near the play offs this season. As I say don't mess with the omens.

* If the old strip does not show the sponsors name cut it out the burple and stitch on the blue and white kit 

Whats Burple?

That wont happen this season but hopefully we may see a blue and white kit back again next season, as we will need to incorporate the new badge on it, I would have thought?

Goes to show how a money man gets bored with a club and Margate are dropping like a stone. You are not the first and will not be the last club to suffer at the hands of false promises and hope. Margate will be relegated.

At our level a supporters run and owned senior club with real sponsorship and living within a clubs means. It works for Enfield we are gradually getting stronger, we are well and truly established at step 3 and a matter of time that we'll be Conference South.

Bill isnt a Margate fan, Enfield, he is from the dark side of the island (Ramsgate).

Good luck with your outside chance of play offs but I see you have a tough game to finish.

On paper it's the toughest game we could have had with the circumstances to go with it I.e Hampton looking to be Champons.

However we are the divisions form team and can beat anyone on our day no matter the situation. We've already beaten Hampton away in the cup a couple of months back.

But it is as you state an outside chance of making the play offs even if we win

Archived