Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Change to 1st Team Management at Dorking F.C.

Applications for the vacancy posted on DFC website this morning......

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dorkingfc/news/job-advertisement-first-team-manager-1607802.html

The more I read about this alliance, the more it seems to me that Dorking FC is effectively looking to become Dorking Wanderers youth/reserve side and a feeder predominantly for their first team. If that is the case, I think that's a shame.

Is that correct what I read regarding the arrangements for the new manager applications ? Closing date Friday May 6 . Since advertised the window of opportunity to apply is 1 week including a Bank Holiday and whilst competitive matches in this league and others are ongoing. My word how very strange.

Why didn't those behind the decision wait until the season was complete , or sack them earlier and are the current post holders really expected to continue given the upcoming cup final when potentially their replacement is in place.

Good win by the way .

A real challenge for the new man to match what's been achieved since I've started following.

TRS,yes  that would be a shame.  You make a valid point looking at it from a relatively outsider's viewpoint (forgive me).

I hope future announcements about the Alliance, Pathway and ground  will show Dorking FC is and will be a completely separate, vibrant and independent club with it's own values and ambitions.

The two clubs would be daft to continue the old enmity, and an increased level of co-operation must be mutually beneficial.

Beneficial for both clubs, and the whole local football setup.

Well  -  Only a day to go.

Let's hope the postmans bag is heavy, if you'll pardon the expression !!  :ph34r:

I see the long term ambition Jeff, and admire the mass change you have made with management and players out to work to achieving this, very ballsy. I think next season you might find Dorking as the divisions whipping boys and the I don't believe it is the way you want to go personally. Your u18s are way off of CCL football and look at above and also SFR in the Sussex league, both went with kids this season, not quite sure if it is the way forward in my opinion.

Is that correct what I read regarding the arrangements for the new manager applications ? Closing date Friday May 6 . Since advertised the window of opportunity to apply is 1 week including a Bank Holiday and whilst competitive matches in this league and others are ongoing. My word how very strange.

Why didn't those behind the decision wait until the season was complete , or sack them earlier and are the current post holders really expected to continue given the upcoming cup final when potentially their replacement is in place.

Good win by the way .

A real challenge for the new man to match what's been achieved since I've started following.

You've really got a handle on Dorking FC since you started following.

Funny that your posts have been critical of BJR, very supportive of the first team management, friendly towards me, but rarely if at all mentioning our players or results.  

In the words of Dr Who when trying to identify an unknown alien "narrows it down". B)  ;)

I think the final will be played next Wednesday 11th.

I very much doubt a decision will have been made by then.

You've really got a handle on Dorking FC since you started following.

Funny that your posts have been critical of BJR, very supportive of the first team management, friendly towards me, but rarely if at all mentioning our players or results.  

In the words of Dr Who when trying to identify an unknown alien "narrows it down". B)  ;)

I think the final will be played next Wednesday 11th.

I very much doubt a decision will have been made by then.

Lucky I'm long in the tooth and have very broad shoulders then, Jeff  !!  :rolleyes:

Mr Jeff

I'm assuming from your comments you feel I am someone that you know.

I can assure you that you are mistaken if that is the case.

I'm rarely in the area however when I am I nail my colours to local non league football and in particular Dorking FC.

Like my support of Las Palmas and back here in England ,Coventry City , I take an interest which is why I commented on the application process , making reference to the fact that games were still to be played, unlike Hanworth Villa who had completed their schedule.

No criticism of Mr Big. I assumed from his posts he was an official of the club or at least a follower and would be able to offer reasoned comment and I was wrong.

First Team Management appear to have done OK. I'm sure there's things I don't know.

Mr Jeff you seem to be involved so can offer that insightful comment.

Don't know too much about the players although have seen Smith playing at Horsham YMCA he seems talented.Dan Bransbury is exceptionally quick and Glenn Wright seems industrious .

Results also appear ok . Cup Final and reasonable league finishing position.

Look forward to more updates and getting to a few more games next season.

Mr Jeff

I'm assuming from your comments you feel I am someone that you know.

I can assure you that you are mistaken if that is the case.

I'm rarely in the area however when I am I nail my colours to local non league football and in particular Dorking FC.

Like my support of Las Palmas and back here in England ,Coventry City , I take an interest which is why I commented on the application process , making reference to the fact that games were still to be played, unlike Hanworth Villa who had completed their schedule.

No criticism of Mr Big. I assumed from his posts he was an official of the club or at least a follower and would be able to offer reasoned comment and I was wrong.

First Team Management appear to have done OK. I'm sure there's things I don't know.

Mr Jeff you seem to be involved so can offer that insightful comment.

Don't know too much about the players although have seen Smith playing at Horsham YMCA he seems talented.Dan Bransbury is exceptionally quick and Glenn Wright seems industrious .

Results also appear ok . Cup Final and reasonable league finishing position.

Look forward to more updates and getting to a few more games next season.

Well it seems strange Mr Gohag.

Why choose the username "go on have a giggle" in the first place if you are genuine?

You say you're occasionally resident in Leigh, I wonder which hostelry you use when back in Blighty, I wonder if you prefer an old fashioned pub or perhaps a village or rugby club with it's cheaper prices? 

No I'm sorry Giggler, as I posted a year ago you are a lot closer to the club than you suggest, or you are getting a very blinkered view of the club from someone.

Not a problem, we've all had fun guessing who is behind the username.

I was told bye a player that is my m8 that the chairman had bin lineing it up. Bin txtn and asken to meet players to talk about manager. They had some gd players this season and my m8 sed they all gonner leave now as they aint happy.

I see the long term ambition Jeff, and admire the mass change you have made with management and players out to work to achieving this, very ballsy. I think next season you might find Dorking as the divisions whipping boys and the I don't believe it is the way you want to go personally. Your u18s are way off of CCL football and look at above and also SFR in the Sussex league, both went with kids this season, not quite sure if it is the way forward in my opinion.

Bloody hell. We go from " my m8 sed "to "I see the long term ambition, Jeff."

Just seen these two posts

No wonder I doubt who Giggler is.

From above

admire the mass change you have made with management and players out to work to achieving this

I just fill out forms and moan aplenty.   I don't make mass change. 

We have a cup final Wednesday, let's all do our jobs and respect each other. Please, even if it's the last time. 

Leicester won the league, believe.

And stop hiding.  Thanks.

A few months ago, I was given a suspected identity for 'The Giggler', (Sounds like a Batman character, don't it ?).

I had my doubts then, but now I'm not so sure he may well have been right !

Anyway, it makes not a jot of difference to me, coz I ain't got no time for people who hide behind silly pseudonyms.  I believe a techy  name for them is 'Trolls'.  And we all know that they live under bridges.  Possibly Flanchford Bridge in Leigh in this case ??

:ph34r:

Edited by Big J R

Dorking Advertiser publishes that Dorking F.C. will 'Announce a new manager in the coming week' !

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Chicks-set-appoint-new-boss/story-29259516-detail/story.html

All I'm going to say is 'lol'. Hope anyone got going to an interview doesn't get their hopes up unless their initials are NT, SL, SC, DM or TM.

That's rather cryptic, Nosh !!