Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Change to 1st Team Management at Dorking F.C.

Glynn Stephens and Brett Roache have joined Colliers Wood United FC.

I heard that yesterday, Chris.

I also heard several players are leaving  -  Quite a few to Frimley.  Only hearsay, though.

All we now await is the announcement of the new management set-up !

Sounds a bit fishy to me, Brett who?

I think Chris meant these two, Jeff....

DORKING F.C.

Management: Glynn Stephens, Steve Hurd, Brett Rhodes

Edited by Big J R

Why did Chris ruddy well call him Roache then?

He's normally spot on but seems to be falling off his perch lately..

Sorry! I must do better! Brett Rhodes it is.

Dorking F.C.  announcement due later this morning, according to tweet.

FROM DFC WEB SITE...........

Dorking FC is delighted to announce the appointment of Danny Fox as the new first team manager.

Danny joins the club with a brief to take the Chicks forward by developing an exciting, representative young team as the town's historic club continues rebuilding.

At just 30 years old, Danny breaks the mould for most football managers and is highly regarded as one of the most exciting and progressive young coaches in Surrey. His coaching and managerial experience includes spells at Maidenhead United, Bracknell Town, Burnham, Sheerwater FC and Dorking's recent cup final opponents Molesey FC, giving him extensive knowledge of non-league football, both at Dorking's current level and substantially higher. Most recently, Danny has been working for Premier League club Crystal Palace, overseeing their scouting teams in Surrey and Sussex.

Congratulations and welcome to Danny Fox, I'm looking forward to meeting Danny and working with him.

There was at least one very strong alternative ready, so DF has clearly impressed the board.

I'm sure there is some surprise and disappointment to say the least from other candidates.

I hope everyone at the club can find a way to  stay involved and contribute to delivering the bold plans the club has spoken about.

This appointment shows the club has the belief and commitment to deliver those plans.

It's been a horrible few weeks, now the hard work begins.

Edited by Jeff Hamnett

Congratulations to Danny Fox on his appointment as Dorking F.C.1st Team Manager.Also a pleasant surprise to see a Club give a young man a chance to bring fresh ideas to the Table,so well done Dorking FC.you will not be disappointed.Take it from me you have made an excellent appointment.

Management always seems easy when the team are well paid. Most teams Danny was in charge off were paid. Need I say more!

I'm sure Glynn had no reward for his players as Danny will find out, I'm sure.

Only one thing will get you out of the C/C ..............MONEY

Seems a good appointment given the clubs well documented philosophy , that is if the job description is anything to go by .

Slight alarm bells at hearing key buzz words in Danny Foxs wireless broadcast like pathway and his previous working relationship with Mark White at Dorking Wanderers as reinforces a local belief that two clubs will become one quite soon.

However I for one am looking forward to watching the squad performing under his guidance at Westhumble next season.

I heard that yesterday, Chris.

I also heard several players are leaving  -  Quite a few to Frimley.  Only hearsay, though.

All we now await is the announcement of the new management set-up !

yes and you texted me to say the same. I knew of these changes but tried to show some respect to Dorking FC 

Seems a good appointment given the clubs well documented philosophy , that is if the job description is anything to go by .

Slight alarm bells at hearing key buzz words in Danny Foxs wireless broadcast like pathway and his previous working relationship with Mark White at Dorking Wanderers as reinforces a local belief that two clubs will become one quite soon.

However I for one am looking forward to watching the squad performing under his guidance at Westhumble next season.

If Dorking FC don't get back to Meadowbank, and the signs are not great re that, what would happen then?  :ph34r:

Bit harsh there tel!!

Sheerwater never had money when he was there.

Burnham was the reserves and Bracknell wouldn't of had money.

Glad Danny has got the job and wish him well this season.

How's about judge him come this time next season.

Bit harsh there tel!!

Sheerwater never had money when he was there.

Burnham was the reserves and Bracknell wouldn't of had money.

Glad Danny has got the job and wish him well this season.

How's about judge him come this time next season.

Its not Danny that sacked Glynn I know maybe I let my emotions run a bit too far. End of next season seems fair enough. Good luck to all new managers.

Bit unexpected as heard different names but a well known face and it's gone down well everywhere. With his contacts I'd expect top three near enough next season.

Any word on back room staff?

Not a word as yet, young Nosh !!!

I did however, have a very interesting long chat with someone 'in-the-know' this afternoon.

Now, I feel compelled to stay quiet and let all the others do the talking  !!

Space, This, Now, Watch.  Re-arrange these words in to a well known phrase or saying......

Edited by Big J R