Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Change to 1st Team Management at Dorking F.C.

There's a surprise.

Not really.  Silence is sometimes VERY golden !!

I'll check with someone later today and see if they consider it in the public interest to repeat what I heard over the weekend from a more than reliable source.

Just a personal note to try to clarify and give my own view on some of the above.

Firstly BJR.

Many on here know John well. For others, JR and family have done and continue to do a lot for the club. More now for ladies, and JR has been unable to attend first team games for a couple of years. He remains committed to the club and is very interested in its affairs. He is well connected and gets to hear some views and opinions in town and beyond. He uses this forum a lot.

Perhaps he could do himself a favour by sticking to facts or stating his views. The "I know something you don't" posts don't go down well as Rother said.

A lot of it is pub chat and gossip.

JR isn't unique there , see above posts.

JR can look after himself but for more recent followers I hope that gives some context and people won't feel they need to highlight this everytime.

Hope you're not offended JR

Just a personal note to try to clarify and give my own view on some of the above.

Firstly BJR.

Many on here know John well. For others, JR and family have done and continue to do a lot for the club. More now for ladies, and JR has been unable to attend first team games for a couple of years. He remains committed to the club and is very interested in its affairs. He is well connected and gets to hear some views and opinions in town and beyond. He uses this forum a lot.

Perhaps he could do himself a favour by sticking to facts or stating his views. The "I know something you don't" posts don't go down well as Rother said.

A lot of it is pub chat and gossip.

JR isn't unique there , see above posts.

JR can look after himself but for more recent followers I hope that gives some context and people won't feel they need to highlight this everytime.

Hope you're not offended JR

Not at all, Jeff, and many thanks.

I'll just add that I think there may have been a serious error in the way forward to next season.

We'll leave the matter there and wait for further developments !

Secondly, changes.

The club decided to change the first team management.

As with any club management change some people will be angry and upset.

Others will be worried, others very happy.

Some, like me , will be experiencing most of those emotions.

The change has been made, and people will decide what they want to do next season.

It's no surprise players have left, nor a secret. Some have joined ex DFC midfielder Dan Huxley at Frimley Green. It's on their website. Good luck guys. I wished Dan success when I last saw him, and will do so again I look forward to seeing you at the games.

Some more will follow Glynn. Same as above, although it may be a while!

Others will just leave, moving away, getting old, better offer.

All fair enough and normal.

Some will stay', and we aren't far off preseason so we will know soon enough.

Then there is the back room stuff, coaches, physios, asst manager etc.

Again we will soon know.

If Danny is sat on his own in the dugout putting out 9 players the club will have cocked up.

Not likely though is it.?

So good luck to those departing, sorry to see you go.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Merger speculation

A brief history of Dorking football in the 3rd millennium by me..

Dorking FC well established , if not universally loved.

Dorking Wanderers form, playing junior football in Crawley league.

Not on each others radar.

DFC struggle Wanderers thrive.

DW noisy neighbours, DFC dinosaurs.

Above continues, Wanderers start eating into DFC resources such as players, volunteers, supporters and sponsors.

A rivalry has begun.

Dfc face eviction, Wanderers see opportunity, rivals become enemies.

Dfc changes ownership with a business model and ethos that separates itself from the Wanderers way. Both clubs rattle a few sabres.

Wanderers get in Ryman. Dorking struggle in div one. Meadowbank return delayed. Westhumble starting to outgrow itself. Things have changed, conversations start.

Practicalities kick in , and conversations become agreements and ambitions.

The bigger picture is seen, jaw jaw is better than war war.

Dorking football alliance is formed, benefitting all Dorking football.

One season at Westhumble together then back to Meadowbank together.

Now that's my version of it.

My view of the future is that the two clubs ambitions are so different that only failure by one would make a merger a possibility, and that would really be a takeover.

One possibility is that both clubs follow their plans, succeed and find themselves established and playing at the same level.

Don't want to see either club fail, and can't see option 2 happening.

Let's remember it's my view here' and assume I'm wrong , and the two clubs merge in five years in the conference..

2020. AFC Dorking start life in Surrey Senior league, sharing Meadowbank.

Merger speculation

A brief history of Dorking football in the 3rd millennium by me..

Dorking FC well established , if not universally loved.

Dorking Wanderers form, playing junior football in Crawley league.

Not on each others radar.

DFC struggle Wanderers thrive.

DW noisy neighbours, DFC dinosaurs.

Above continues, Wanderers start eating into DFC resources such as players, volunteers, supporters and sponsors.

A rivalry has begun.

Dfc face eviction, Wanderers see opportunity, rivals become enemies.

Dfc changes ownership with a business model and ethos that separates itself from the Wanderers way. Both clubs rattle a few sabres.

Wanderers get in Ryman. Dorking struggle in div one. Meadowbank return delayed. Westhumble starting to outgrow itself. Things have changed, conversations start.

Practicalities kick in , and conversations become agreements and ambitions.

The bigger picture is seen, jaw jaw is better than war war.

Dorking football alliance is formed, benefitting all Dorking football.

One season at Westhumble together then back to Meadowbank together.

Now that's my version of it.

My view of the future is that the two clubs ambitions are so different that only failure by one would make a merger a possibility, and that would really be a takeover.

One possibility is that both clubs follow their plans, succeed and find themselves established and playing at the same level.

Don't want to see either club fail, and can't see option 2 happening.

Let's remember it's my view here' and assume I'm wrong , and the two clubs merge in five years in the conference..

2020. AFC Dorking start life in Surrey Senior league, sharing Meadowbank.

Jeff  -  I have to say that I totally agree with your analysis.  Only time will tell and I'm getting far too long in the tooth to attempt any changes or get involved again politically.

I will just say one more thing  Referring to your post regarding me earlier.  I will ALWAYS strive to keep a strong Ladies team in Dorking, having been highly instrumental in bringing many of the present squad to Dorking from Horley Town after they disbanded their Ladies Reserve side owing to changes at their club.  Matt Dilger has worked wonders with them in the last season or so, and long may it continue.

Q.E.D.

Not a word as yet, young Nosh !!!

I did however, have a very interesting long chat with someone 'in-the-know' this afternoon.

Now, I feel compelled to stay quiet and let all the others do the talking !!

Space, This, Now, Watch. Re-arrange these words in to a well known phrase or saying......

Watch lost in space????

Cryptic crossword clue - MUVO (........./....) (9/4)

I'm not into cryptic crosswords, Chris, hence I don't buy The Times !!  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Danny

How old would Chris Wye be as years ago I worked with someone of the same name in a bank in the city who was pretty decent

Danny

How old would Chris Wye be as years ago I worked with someone of the same name in a bank in the city who was pretty decent

Hi Weebs.

I'm not even sure if Danny gets on here.

Jeff, (TSF) might know more.

JR.

I'm on here JR, as is Chris. I believe his account name is Young Veteran. Pretty sure he's never worked in a bank but I may be wrong.