Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman League Play-Offs Update

littlehampton

Mixed fortunes for two West Sussex in the Ryman League Play-Offs. On Thursday evening I made the short journey over to Bognor, to see The Rocks play Dulwich Hamlet for a place in the Premier Division Play Off Final. Bognor have had a brilliant season, but failed to put in a performance in this match, and were beaten by a 90th minute free kick which secured Hamlet a well deserved place in the Final against East Thurrock. Dulwich were outstanding against Bognor, and it will be interesting to see who comes out top in this match.

This afternoon I made another short journey, in the opposite direction, to see Worthing play Faversham in the Ryman League Division One South Play-Off Final. The match attracted a healthy crowd of 1889 and The Rebels tucked away their chances to win 3-0 and gain promotion to the Ryman Premier Division next season.

So, whilst we have lost Burgess Hill and Lewes from our fixture list, Town will still enjoy two seaside trips to the south coast next season, with visits to Bognor and Worthing.

Much to look forward to. Enjoy the close season break.

Having successfully overcome the challenge of the Rocks at Bognor, a few days ago, I see Dulwich Hamlet lost 3-1 to the Rocks at East Thurrock this afternoon in the Ryman Premier Division Play Off Final.

Congratulations and all the best to East Thurrock next season, and commiserations to our friends at Dulwich Hamlet, who we will look forward to playing again in the 2016-17 season.

Finally, don't know how many Towners are familiar with the website Townsend Around, but if your not (and I have only just come across it by chance), think you might find it an interesting, refreshing read. Take a moment to have a peep at the Football section on www.townsendaround.co.uk/football. I think you might enjoy it!

Archived