Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fair Play for Club Grounds

Not just the players but the grounds themselves should be put under scrutiny. I attended the Hartley Wintney v Cambo game yesterday but could not get there until just into the second half. However I was still charged full whack for admission to the ground for the Three of us entering. I have been to many grounds where the gates are opened at Half Time and no charge is made so why is Hartley above this ??? To top it all, a pint of guinness in the club house cost me £4:05p. I only pay £3:40 in the high street pubs !!!! Definitely on the bottom of my list for ground Fair Play award.

Not just the players but the grounds themselves should be put under scrutiny. I attended the Hartley Wintney v Cambo game yesterday but could not get there until just into the second half. However I was still charged full whack for admission to the ground for the Three of us entering. I have been to many grounds where the gates are opened at Half Time and no charge is made so why is Hartley above this ??? To top it all, a pint of guinness in the club house cost me £4:05p. I only pay £3:40 in the high street pubs !!!! Definitely on the bottom of my list for ground Fair Play award.

Lucky you JellyB !

Cheapest in Dorking is well over the £4 mark.  No Wetherspoons in our market town, YET !!

When DFC were at Meadowbank, the gates would be 'opened' at half-time.

The only thing that rather irked me on occasions, was that often, some tight people would stand outside the ground where they could get limited vision of the game, then troll in quite happily after the half-time whistle.

When DFC were at Meadowbank, the gates would be 'opened' at half-time.

The only thing that rather irked me on occasions, was that often, some tight people would stand outside the ground where they could get limited vision of the game, then troll in quite happily after the half-time whistle.

Think every club has some of those John - lifelong supporters with sewn-up pockets !

They got a shock at our place Saturday as they were stood outside at half-time waiting and we kept the gates shut for the whole 90 minutes :rolleyes:

I think it fair for the gates to open at half time as with most other clubs. I had to drive a long way to get there and as you can imagine it was not easy parking either. I spend a lot of money during the year at games, usually going at least once a week and the usual cuppas, burgers etc. I reckon it would be good to have a table of grounds and ratings. Windsor Burgers are at the top of the list for a start !!! No I am not a Windsor supporter lol.

I think it fair for the gates to open at half time as with most other clubs. I had to drive a long way to get there and as you can imagine it was not easy parking either. I spend a lot of money during the year at games, usually going at least once a week and the usual cuppas, burgers etc. I reckon it would be good to have a table of grounds and ratings. Windsor Burgers are at the top of the list for a start !!! No I am not a Windsor supporter lol.

This could be a good debate. I would suggest Cove?

Why shouldn't you pay. I spent alot of last season in our clubs turnstile and i've had people wait outside until half time and then expect to get in free or not want to pay full amount when the game has already stared. Go to your local park if you want to watch for free. We're not charties. Some people just have to complain. well done Hartley

Charging full admission to people coming in at half time is frankly ridiculous.

Yes, if they've been peering over the fence during the 1st half then expect to walk in for the 2nd half for half price a choice word or 2 might be called for but if someone gets stuck in traffic, misses the 1st half, arrives just after the 2nd half starts then gets told he has to pay full price I think he'd have reason to be mightily pissed off.

Common sense should surely prevail.

I had already paid £18 with my family watching the Westfield game in the morning and then made my way at great haste to Hartley to support another game but because of timing and traffic I could not get there until into the start of the second half. I spend a lot of money watching games at this level. I should by rights then be entitled to a half refund for not watching the first half then pjcamb ? £36 in one day is more than doing my bit for this league, plus tea, food, petrol costs etc so not much change out of £50. Funny how clubs like Farnborough etc don't charge after half time. Too right I feel pissed off Rother, I drove 20 odd miles to come and support the second half off a high profile game and support this league and to be charged full whack to do so is a total piss take.  Perhaps we should all go and watch our football at the local park for free pjcamb, then you wouldn't have a club to stand at the turnstiles mate

Edited by Jellybean

Jellybean, just to clarify I wasn't having a dig at people like yourself who do travel around to a lot of games but those 'serial offenders' who wait for a freebie at half time week in week out ! Clubs can choose how they wish to approach the subject of paid admissions but I personally could never condone full price admission after half time.  The trouble is most of us who do man turnstiles at our respective clubs are also supporters who like to watch the game so to then stay on after half-time to take more money takes away the enjoyment of the game but maybe next season I'll stand by our gates after half time and 'have words' with those who think it's a freebie as I'll no longer be in an official capacity so I'll just be speaking as a supporter !!!

.... and I think we all know which poster on here would be the ideal Judge !!!!

:ph34r:   :bolt:

Why shouldn't you pay. I spent alot of last season in our clubs turnstile and i've had people wait outside until half time and then expect to get in free or not want to pay full amount when the game has already stared. Go to your local park if you want to watch for free. We're not charties. Some people just have to complain. well done Hartley

No wonder the game is dying at this level.

Windsor Sec, no offence taken mate. I completely agree that those who sit outside to avoid paying then expect a ringside seat for nothing after half time should be made to pay. I did not like the inference from pjcamb that I was one of those people without him knowing a thing about me. If that is still his attitude then I would be grateful if he lets me know which team he works the turnstiles for and I shall make sure they do not get my money next season. Usually there are four of us so with refreshments and programmes etc they have shot themselves in the foot for around 30 odd quid,  as have Hartley. Like I say, without fans like me who go every week there would be no clubs so comments like his do not go down well !!!

I should imagine he's from Camberley.

Watching them all season then missing out on promotion on the last day is enough to put anyone in a bad mood.

The irony being I busted a gut trying to get there to cheer Camberley on !!!!

I should imagine he's from Camberley.

Watching them all season then missing out on promotion on the last day is enough to put anyone in a bad mood.

Last part of the sentence is very true Rother.  Still feeling so grumpy I am thinking of taking up a groundsman post just down the road !

Last part of the sentence is very true Rother.  Still feeling so grumpy I am thinking of taking up a groundsman post just down the road !

In this weather?