Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Peacehaven boss to focus on youth

FF News

Relegated Peacehaven & Telscombe have unveiled Mark Shutt as the man they hope will lead them back up into the Ryman League.

Shutt was named as the new Magpies boss following the departure of manager Simon Colbran from The Sports Park in April and their second successive relegation back to Step 5 after their rock bottom finish to the Ryman South season.ptfc

Shutt, 36, is currently the manager of Mid-Sussex League Premier Division outfit Peacehaven United, a club he has been associated with since he was 15. A local man, he is also the assistant-manager for the Mid-Sussex representative team and works for the University of Brighton heading up coaching on their Eastbourne Campus.

Shutt said: “I am honoured and privileged to be given the chance to manage the club on its return the Southern Combination League Premier League.

“I remember watching the club under Pete Edwards in the 1990s on those cup nights under floodlights. My aim is to recreate magical nights and days like those.

“It will be hard but I believe there are a lot of local lads who are good enough to represent this great club. With me in charge the local lads, young and experienced will have a fair chance to play in the first-team, reserves and potentially a third team as well as at under-18 level.”

Sue Norwood, the club's acting chair since the death of late chairman Brian Suckling earlier this year, is backing their new manager to make the most of his local knowledge and experience working with young players.

She said: "I’m delighted we have appointed Mark. He is a local man with good contacts across the county and has strong beliefs in youth development."

Source: www.isthmian.co.uk

Source

Archived