Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

premier league predictions for next season?

I think St Mags will improve next year.  Was a tough season with losing most of their First and Reserve team in one go.  JB with a year under his belt will have learnt from the experience.  Saw them play Hoddy and only really lacked a more experienced striker from what I saw... oh and not switching off when ref doesn't blow his whistle

St Mags have a very decent CM, not sure on his name, strong, stocky, black guy....perfect for wgc i believe, adding a bit of bit and steal to the equation after the retirement of Daryl Smith.

But yes they had a torrid season, saw them early on and they didnt look much, just lacked a bit of organisation/experience....which im guessing was added towards the back end of the season

Few fine points made...L'Honore is a very good player, temperament a tad up and down but a very good player none the less...would be an excellent addition to the wgc side.

Good shout on Biggleswade, saw them first or second game of the season and we destroyed them....not sure on the stats but second half of the season form was surely Top 6, if not Top 4.

Between end of Nov and mid March (all comps) they played 18, won 11, drew 6 and lost 1. That isn't a bad run! The start of the season it was out with old, in with the new I think.

Between end of Nov and mid March (all comps) they played 18, won 11, drew 6 and lost 1. That isn't a bad run! The start of the season it was out with old, in with the new I think.

Spot on, thats very impressive stats...i didnt recognise the majority when they came to our gaff mid-season/tail end of season...compared to the start. So that summary fits well.

Plus isnt the Head Coach/Director ex Madrid or something like that?!

I think Hertford will take the title. With the mix of the hoddeson players that will follow Gavin and the players that Hertford had this season they will be a strong side. If WGC can add a few more with the side they have now they will also be pushing the top 3. 

So I reckon the top will be:

Hertford 

Biggleswade

London Colney/WGC

Bottom will be out of:

Colney Heath

London Tigers

Sun Sports

Oxhey

It's impossible to tell at this level. So much post/pre season shuffling.

Anyone who can keep most of their squad together will be at a distinct advantage.

That being said, the change at Hertford looks positive.

I think Edgware could be a bit of a surprise package.

If London Colney can add a bit of depth to their very good XI, they'll certainly be up there again.

And where Biggleswade ended up, from being bottom after the first few months, shows that they're well and truly heading in the right direction.

But going back to my first two sentences, any one of those teams could lose their entire squad before we see another ball kicked.

And we could end up with a Leicester...

Top 3

Hertford

Berko

WGC

Bottom 3

London Tigers

Oxhey

Colney Heath

At the beginning of every season I think the 'sleeping giant' Hertford can go on and win, maybe this year will finally be the year. Everything is in place there. Hope Oxhey and Colney Heath aren't in the mix down the bottom, both great SSML clubs.

As for the promoted teams, don't think Edgware will be up to much, aren't they mostly the old cockfosters side from a couple of years ago? Don't remember Cockfosters pulling up any trees back then. Crawley could be more of a surprise package if you ask me, I know nothing about them and neither will many other teams.

Welwyn will challenge with their budget, Biggleswade and Berko (if they don't run out of steam) too.

I see the Colney Heath Manager Micky Nathan has added former Bedford and Harpenden Town FC Coach Pete Waller as his Assistant for the coming season. Will do well there with the infrastructure they have in place, hope they do well next season.

If Biggleswade United can follow the form they had since around October...(they had terrible start to season)....and if they improve/strengthen their squad they will go very close to winning the league.

Others - I think Edgware will be happy with top 8 or top 10 finish. Hertford Town and Hoddesdon Town should be well up there with their manager swap... Difficult to predict where at moment they will finish as their squads and player movement not finalised.

Berko, Hadley and WGC others. Think WGC will have a real go this season.

I think with the money being paid out at WGC, it really is time to see them win the league.

I think with the money being paid out at WGC, it really is time to see them win the league.

Come on Jonno you know no SSML club pays players anything

Difficult to make any predictions until you know what players have gone where but:

Like most I can only see Hertford as among the favourites.

By the same token I think Hoddesdon must be up there challenging along with Berko and WGC

Dark horses / each way bets Hadley (now they are back home), Cockfosters and Edgware.

Colney Heath will not go down.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of early signings taking place. Players are either very committed to their clubs to sign before a pre-season football has been kicked or there is lots of ££ and promise flying about!? I'm sure lots of teams will be "going for promotion" this season but is that enough to sign on the dotted line this early??

Uh-oh....you said '££'. We're not allowed to mention that on here....just wait for someone to comment..."nobody in this league pays players"!!

(Of course they don't)