Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aldershot Senior Cup Final

Kenda

An entertaining final last evening at Aldershot Town's ground. Farnham took the lead after 30 seconds from a one on one which gave hope they would repeat their League Cup victory at the weekend.  A similar chance was missed midway through the half and it was 1-0 to Farnham at the break. Camberley looked the better side in the second half and played some good football with little of the much criticised long ball stuff. Eli Ogunseye was booked for diving when it looked a clear penalty but in the end two goals in five minutes from Perry Coles won it 2-1 for Camberley.  A decent crowd of 300+ present as well.

Maybe they should try playing "good football" more often.

Do I detect just a touch of bitterness, young Rother ??  :ph34r:

Rother, why on earth would they need to play it more often, 3rd in the league, last 8 of the vase, 2 cup finals, one semi final, gates up on last season beat your lot comfortably 5-0 that will do me for another rather successful season.  

I don't do bitterness, just practicality.

They failed to gain promotion again, despite having a big playing budget, they were outplayed by Farnham in the 1st Cup Final where their only real weapons were the keeper's huge punt and Ellis' huge throw.

Kenda says they played good football in the 2nd half of the 2nd Cup Final and duly came from behind to win 2-1.

They have a very good squad but I'm not sure they use it to their best advantage. Reading between the lines something suggests to me they might do better playing "good football".

Just an observation.

One wonders what next season holds for Camberley with a number of players announcing their departures on social media.

Oh and seriously, beating a team with zero budget who finished 12th in the league 5-0 this season might have been a pleasurable day out for Camberley but is not a true measure of success!

But you know that anyway.

Do I detect another 'Hand-Bag' sale on the horizon ??

:bolt:

Ha Ha.  Rother. 

According to you we have a big budget and you have none.

Now I know at least one of those statements are not true and I am pretty sure the other one isn't either :)

Archived