Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CLUB ALLOCATIONS 2016-2017

lazarus

ALLOCATIONS FOR SEASON 2016-2017 (as received from the FA today

Premier Division

Abbey Rangers

AFC Hayes

Badshot Lea

Bedfont & Feltham

Bedfont Sports

Camberley Town

CB Hounslow United

Chertsey Town

Colliers Wood United

Epsom & Ewell

Farnham Town

Guildford City

Hanworth Villa

Hartley Wintney

Horley Town

Knaphill

Raynes Park Vale

Spelthorne Sports

Sutton Common Rovers

Walton & Hersham

Westfield

Windsor

Division One

AC London

Ash United

Bagshot

Balham

Banstead Athletic

Chessington & Hook United

Cobham

Cove

Dorking

Epsom Athletic

Eversley & California

Farleigh Rovers*

Frimley Green

LPOSSA (subject to confirmation)

Redhill

Sheerwater

South Park Res

Staines Lammas*

Worcester Park*

* subject to re-election at AGM

Points to note

1. Walton & Hersham are the only club to have been relegated from Step 4 into the CCL, which, barring any further unexpected developments, will allow all the top three clubs in Division One to be promoted.

2. Sandhurst Town have been moved to the Hellenic League

3. Joining Division One are:

AC London (from the Kent Invicta League and ground sharing at Banstead)

Bagshot (from the Aldershot Senior League and ground sharing at Hanworth Villa)

Balham (from the Surrey Elite League and ground sharing at Colliers Wood United)

LPOSSA (not definite as the Middlesex County League is not yet completed but ground sharing at AFC Hayes if they do come to us)

Please bear in mind that there were late changes/additions last season so there is still scope for additions

Interesting stuff in division 1.

Bagshot sharing at Hanworth Villa.

AC London move half way through a season from Crystal Palace to Banstead and are subsequently transferred.

Sandhurst move to Hellenic which is what they wanted anyway.

Hope LPOSSA get in.

In the premier, 2 new grounds for me at Abbey Rangers and (if we play them late enough) CB Hounslow United.

Wonder where Walton & Hersham will be playing?  :ph34r:

I find the addition of Bagshot to CCL1 slightly strange.

They won the Aldershot Senior league but it's a league that contained 2/3 CCL1 reserve sides so I can't imagine the standard was anywhere near what they'll face next year. They also went out their Surrey Cup to a mid-table Surrey Elite side and lost a Farnborough cup final to a Surrey Western Intermediate side.

I hope I'm wrong but whipping boys springs to mind already.

I don't think Bagshot will be whipping boys.

They're far better than nearly everyone else in the Aldershot League. They've been trying to get out of the league for a while by applying to other leagues. Last season was close - they were accepted into the SCIL(W) constitution by the league but not voted in by the member clubs despite them accepting two other clubs from the Aldershot League.

Regarding cups - Bagshot won the Intermediate Cup in 2012, got to the quarter finals in 2014 only losing to Horsley on penalties and this season reached the semi finals. Project Clapham, who defeated them, are looking likely to finish third in the Surrey Elite so not a mid-table side and the Farnborough side they lost to was Farnborough North End who have quite a bit of CCL experience in their squad. That's good enough to compete in the CCL1 in my opinion.

Good luck to them.

The only concern is that it leaves the Aldershot & District league struggling for numbers. They've been declining for a while now but the league could be down to two divisions next season unless they get a load of new teams in.

Cobham I've heard Chris

We've ALL heard that but no official confirmation from either club is forthcoming!......yet

Archived