Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Disabled parking bays

There is a disabled parking bay just outside my office and I am so fed up with selfish gits parking there cars there with no disabled badge. I also saw a car park there a couple of days ago with a badge displayed. The guy got out of the car and walked away with no problem at all. People like these should be rounded up and shot!

Quite agree..(again).

I get wound up with the cars parking outside my daughter's school, too. [usually flash tarts with too much make-up, driving 4x4 death trucks]In Hornchurch there is so much Free parking that no one (apart from the registered disabled) should be parking on zig-zags, yellow lines etc outside schools. These people should be ashamed of themselves, and they will be the first to shout when their own child is knocked down by these arogant drivers.

After seeing one little girl have a very close shave whilst trying to cross the road I decided to call the wardens out. They came down 2 days later. No one apart from blue badge holders parked there. Lovely! The next day, the arrogant tarts were back!

Trouble is, wardens are not deployed in a sensible manner. During the periods 8.30-9am & 2.45-3.15pm they should be outside schools...where kids are at greater risk.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:I also saw a car park there a couple of days ago with a badge displayed. The guy got out of the car and walked away with no problem at all.

Badges aren't only for people with permanent severe walking difficulties. One of my friends has a badge and is sometimes unable to walk more than a few paces, at other times she is fine. The problem is, she has no idea when the next bout will hit her, so she will sometimes use the bays when she is able to walk in case she has an attack.

Personally, I hate it hen people abuse these spaces, and have in the past double parked to trap people in them. Either that or embarrass the bejeesus out of them.

I have a badge for my brother. And the people that use disalbed bays without a badge need shooting. When i've been shopping at Tescos and all the bays are full, i go and look to any badges, then to my surpise 6/10 haven't got one. Then when u tell the staff at customer service please can u put it in writing, well thats no good when you've got a wheelchair, and the bays where u have to park is about 1/2 mile away.

So Tescos, sainsburys, morrisons watch out i'm on a mission.

[color:"blue"] As someone who has a vested interest in this matter, ('Er Indoors suffers MS, which has its 'good' days and its 'bad' days), may I offer a solution.

When you enter a shop car park, (especially if a member of your family is registered disabled), and you find some selfish bas*ard has parked their 4 x 4 in a disabled parking bay without displaying the 'blue' disabled badge, BLOCK THE [****!!****] IN, GO AND DO YOUR SHOPPING AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWAY FOR SOME TIME !

Most people who knowingly and illegally use a disabled bay, do so because its 'near' the entrance to the shop and because they are only going to be away from their beloved vehicle for a matter of minutes, so an hour or so's hold-up generally teaches them a lesson.

There is a simple cure to this - take details of their badge number and report it for mis-use to that authority (the authority's name is on that side of the badge) - helpful if you can describe the person who got out of the car and ran towards the shops.

Most authorities have a three strike rule.

Personally I feel that the picture of the badge holder should also be displayed - however this is on the side facing the dashboard - if this was shown then the abuse would reduce, as it would be clear that the holder is not in the vehicle.

Quote:
Ian_W said:
There is a simple cure to this - take details of their badge number and report it for mis-use to that authority (the authority's name is on that side of the badge) - helpful if you can describe the person who got out of the car and ran towards the shops.

Most authorities have a three strike rule.

Personally I feel that the picture of the badge holder should also be displayed - however this is on the side facing the dashboard - if this was shown then the abuse would reduce, as it would be clear that the holder is not in the vehicle.

[color:"blue"] Great point, Ian, and I agree with your comments.

HOWEVER : There is one problem. I can hold a blue badge for my wifes disability, which DOES allow ME to park, say, to pick up a prescription for her, or whatever on her behalf.

[color:"red"] PLEASE BELIVE ME ! [color:"blue"] I would not abuse the privelidge.

Are you aware, that the control of off street/on street parking shortly falls away from police controlled traffic wardens and will move to each local authority, (i.e. local car park attendants !).

Could become very interesting !

And I hear on the news tonight that exisiting traffic wardens are to be given more powers to prosecute motoring offences.....

The mind boggles, especially in an area where they work on a 'commission basis', such as Croydon.

Yes, indeed, the apparently able bodied person COULD be the carer or helper of a person with disabilities, perhaps come to collect the latter from within the shop, or having just dropped them off to shop alone. Fairly unlikely I know, but technically possible!

I can't see why the carer/helper/partner of a person with disabilties needs to park any nearer the shop when collecting a prescription, though. Not you, BJR, I have no doubt you wouldn't, I hasten to add.

Most importantly though, why are you so hung up about 4x4s and assume they are the root of all evil? The drivers of inferior Japanese or American models deserve sympathy, understanding and help.

Personally I find the Ford Focus is the preferred vehicle of the devil. They are the new Sierra/Mondeo, all driven by Daves (sorry H M Murdoch).