Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pilkington wants Silkmen to challenge again

FF News

Macclesfield Town's George Pilkington says he wants to continue to his impressive form and help the Silkmen challenge for a place in the top five of the Vanarama National League next season.

The Player of the Season for the last two years had another very impressive year in the heart of the Macclesfield defence but says there was a hint of disappointment in the Silkmen squad that they weren't in contention for a top five finish after injuries hit the squad hard in the Spring.

After signing a new deal with the Club, the defender is now relishing another year at the Moss and is hopeful he can help Macclesfield challenge once again.

He told mtfc.co.uk: "For me personally, last season was obviously a success. It is always nice to be acknowledged for your performances, so to claim three awards at the end of season awards was obviously really pleasing.

"As a team, I think we can look back at last season and be proud of what we achieved, but we were all disappointed not to be closer to the top five, because on our day I think we were a match for anybody in the division.

"Injuries hit us hard during the first part of 2016, but if we can take our end of season form in to next season and make a good start then I think we will be in contention come the end of the year."

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived