Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Friendlies

Wandered by Dorking Rugby Club today and briefly watched a much changed Dorking team in action . Be obliged if anyone could post the final score and team news as only recognised 1 player from last season. The few moments I watched they seemed to be a bit overawed.

According to the DFC web-site, they were playing Lyne F.C.

No up-dates as to score or squad.

I believe that Lyne won 4-2

Many thanks Ollers.

Friday 8th July 2016

Colliers Wood United v Banstead Athletic

@ Wibbandune 7.30pm KO

Admission is pay what you can - programme £1.50

I realise my request was a shot in the dark for some game information , but what is happening at Dorking . Last year the website and twitter details were a reliable source of information , now I can't find a damn thing out. Still I pride myself on a degree of loyalty so will stick with them as my adopted team . For now at least ! If everything remains a mystery then I guess I will do what the rest of the local community have done and become a wanderer.

I realise my request was a shot in the dark for some game information , but what is happening at Dorking . Last year the website and twitter details were a reliable source of information , now I can't find a damn thing out. Still I pride myself on a degree of loyalty so will stick with them as my adopted team . For now at least ! If everything remains a mystery then I guess I will do what the rest of the local community have done and become a wanderer.

Maybe get more involved and be that website and twitter person ?

Very fair shout Mr Krooner. I'm back and forth to Gran Canaria so not a practical option but one in different circumstances I would welcome . Still ! What is going on ! Unless everyone that was involved in this capacity ( the social media bit ) has left with Mr Stevens and Mr Herd . As Delia famously said " come on let's be avvin you , where are you " . All I'm after is a bit of information .

Very fair shout Mr Krooner. I'm back and forth to Gran Canaria so not a practical option but one in different circumstances I would welcome . Still ! What is going on ! Unless everyone that was involved in this capacity ( the social media bit ) has left with Mr Stevens and Mr Herd . As Delia famously said " come on let's be avvin you , where are you " . All I'm after is a bit of information .

Great thing about Social Media is that you can do it from Gran Canaria :)  Speak with the manager/club offer your services and ask for updates to be sent to you via email or text ?so that you can update the website and twitter :)

I shall watch developments with GREAT interest !!!!  :ph34r:

I get the modern world bit ....... But if they are able to e mail game information to someone else wouldn't it be more efficient to just put that on the website / Twitter. Just saying !

.... and DFC are away to Windsor in a friendly today, K/O 1:00pm.

No match up-dates so far on their web-site.

Edited by Big J R

I spoke with our PR guy today. As a club we are doing the same as last preseason and not reporting friendlies

Today we drew with Windsor FC 1-1 I think. I was there but scores don't matter

Our Twitter website and reporting guys are still with us I'm pleased to say

AN Other impressed as did A Trialist.

Overall as a supporter I'm very pleased with progress so far

Hope this helps GoHaG

I spoke with our PR guy today. As a club we are doing the same as last preseason and not reporting friendlies

Hope this helps GoHaG

Thanks Jeff.

I can now inform the 'old' DFC supporters when they contact me.

1 - 1 not a bad score against Windsor.  I trust you all received the great hospitality that I remember well at Stag Meadow a few seasons ago

However, I fail to see why reports of friendlies are not deemed important enough for a club web-site !!

Edited by Big J R

Hope this helps GoHaG

Good stuff TSF. Still predict Dorking will win the division so this result makes me feel better about that!