Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions please

I have finally made it.  I should retire now :)

I thought you had ?

:bolt:

A bit surprised to see so many predictions for Chessington. Has something gone on there since last season that I am unaware of?

As for my predictions, it is hard to look beyond Hartley assuming they have a similar side, although you have to question the desire of Atkinson to jump ship to Badshot Lea. This is nothing against Badshot Lea so ITK and Bronco, calm down, I just don't understand why after such a good season and being in the shop window as he was, that he hasn't at least stayed there, or even moved up a level. 

Clearly Bradshaw moving there tells you that it isn't about location. I heard he was leaving Camberley because Guildford was nearer to his home, yet has now gone further away and if they win the title as most of us expect, he won't play at Step Four anyway. Why? Because of the travel! You couldn't make it up!

Clearly many of those tipping Epsom are going on recent form but we have lost Kyle Hough to Horley because again it is more local for him. This is obviously a big blow and on what I have seen pre-season we are not going to replace the thirty goals a season that he brings, as he turns half-chances into goals. I won't tip Horley here though as Kyle is unlikely to match Nadesan's achievement of 50 goals and I don't know of many other changes to their squad. They were sixth last year so I have them in the top ten this time.

So here we go:

1st Hartley Wintney

2nd Knaphill - no surprise team here. Well organised on and off the field and finished very strongly last term

3rd Camberley - still decent in my view

4th Epsom & Ewell - just so you guys aren't thinking that I am deflecting pressure from us. I still think we have a good side and will be thereabouts but probably again just short unless we can get another striker, or better service to the strikers we have. This is also based on not picking up stupid suspensions again. Colliers Wood should be very proud of their fair play achievements in these days where you can get booked for shouting at your own players (yes it happened to our keeper at Badshot last year as the Spanish referee thought he was shouting at him!!

I will put North Greenford and Walton & Hersham in the top six as no Step Four side has ever bounced straight back and they both got relegated for a reason. I don't see them doing a Redhill though.

I am not so sure about the Guildford revolution either. I could be wrong on this one but One minute Bradshaw is there, then he isn't and Alex Penfold was paraded recently before them before quietly leaving again this week for what may well be perfectly valid "business reasons".  I make them 7th

I don't know much about the new guys in our division, although Abbey remind me of South Park and they do wonderful food as evidenced at the CCL AGM this year. They will threaten but I don't think they will be ready for a season or two. I'm not saying a thing about B&F as we play them tomorrow!

I will place Horley 8th, Hanworth Villa 9th and Westfield 10th. I would have had Windsor in there until Rother said that Dennison had left. I expect SCR to be higher than they were last year, but not enough for a top ten spot this year.

Going Down: No comment! Clearly there will almost certainly be three going down again with the 23 in the division so we all need to be careful.

From Division One:

1st - Redhill - obviously too good to go down by the end of the season and will bounce back easily

2nd - Banstead Athletic - not my favourite place but they finished well last year and I will back them here even though they may have changed their entire team for all I know!

3rd - Cove - good luck Duncs!

I know nothing about Balham, so they would be my surprise team.

Edited by E&E Rich

A bit surprised to see so many predictions for Chessington. Has something gone on there since last season that I am unaware of?

As for my predictions, it is hard to look beyond Hartley assuming they have a similar side, although you have to question the desire of Atkinson to jump ship to Badshot Lea. This is nothing against Badshot Lea so ITK and Bronco, calm down, I just don't understand why after such a good season and being in the shop window as he was, that he hasn't at least stayed there, or even moved up a level.

Clearly Bradshaw moving there tells you that it isn't about location. I heard he was leaving Camberley because Guildford was nearer to his home, yet has now gone further away and if they win the title as most of us expect, he won't play at Step Four anyway. Why? Because of the travel! You couldn't make it up!

Clearly many of those tipping Epsom are going on recent form but we have lost Kyle Hough to Horley because again it is more local for him. This is obviously a big blow and on what I have seen pre-season we are not going to replace the thirty goals a season that he brings, as he turns half-chances into goals. I won't tip Horley here though as Kyle is unlikely to match Nadesan's achievement of 50 goals and I don't know of many other changes to their squad. They were sixth last year so I have them in the top ten this time.

So here we go:

1st Hartley Wintney

2nd Knaphill - no surprise team here. Well organised on and off the field and finished very strongly last term

3rd Camberley - still decent in my view

4th Epsom & Ewell - just so you guys aren't thinking that I am deflecting pressure from us. I still think we have a good side and will be thereabouts but probably again just short unless we can get another striker, or better service to the strikers we have. This is also based on not picking up stupid suspensions again. Colliers Wood should be very proud of their fair play achievements in these days where you can get booked for shouting at your own players (yes it happened to our keeper at Badshot last year as the Spanish referee thought he was shouting at him!!

I will put North Greenford and Walton & Hersham in the top six as no Step Four side has ever bounced straight back and they both got relegated for a reason. I don't see them doing a Redhill though.

I am not so sure about the Guildford revolution either. I could be wrong on this one but One minute Bradshaw is there, then he isn't and Alex Penfold was paraded recently before them before quietly leaving again this week for what may well be perfectly valid "business reasons". I make them 7th

I don't know much about the new guys in our division, although Abbey remind me of South Park and they do wonderful food as evidenced at the CCL AGM this year. They will threaten but I don't think they will be ready for a season or two. I'm not saying a thing about B&F as we play them tomorrow!

I will place Horley 8th, Hanworth Villa 9th and Westfield 10th. I would have had Windsor in there until Rother said that Dennison had left. I expect SCR to be higher than they were last year, but not enough for a top ten spot this year.

Going Down: No comment! Clearly there will almost certainly be three going down again with the 23 in the division so we all need to be careful.

From Division One:

1st - Redhill - obviously too good to go down by the end of the season and will bounce back easily

2nd - Banstead Athletic - not my favourite place but they finished well last year and I will back them here even though they may have changed their entire team for all I know!

3rd - Cove - good luck Duncs!

I know nothing about Balham, so they would be my surprise team.

Not bad predictions but I think you missed out Colliers Wood! I think they could surprise.