Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Silkmen defender targets promotion

FF News

Macclesfield Town's John McCombe is preparing himself for another season at Moss Rose, and is delighted to have extended his stay at the Silkmen ahead of the new season.

The defender, who this time last year was preparing for pre-season with then League Two side York City, arrived at Macclesfield in February after a frustrating spell at York, where he played only five games out of a possible 33 before moving to Moss Rose.Macclesfield Town FC

Speaking to mtfc.co.uk, McCombe said, “I've loved it here, it’s a good club, a good manager and coaching staff and the players are really good as well. I’m enjoying it I just want to get back playing and hopefully we’ll do well this year.”

Like many of the players in the squad, the defender has got his sights firmly set on promotion to the Football League, and believes that the team have got a good chance of achieving that aim this year.

“I’m really looking forward to the new year - last season we performed really well, we were disappointed that we weren’t a bit closer to the play-offs and we might have just got in there.

“I thought we finished the season well and we’ve brought in a couple of players over the summer and with a couple more, we’ll have a good squad to try and do well this year.”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived