Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion

AnfieldTowner

A largely second string Town side lost out to a very young Brighton side last night, going down 3-2 after being 2-0 up.

I see from Ilford's Twitter feed that a Town side drew 2-2 there on Tuesday, whilst the other side were losing 4-0 against Reading's youngsters. I hope Bradley's learning something from all these games - apart from the 2-1 win over Barnet they've not been greatly rewarding for us supporters! Still, if we hit the ground running at the start of this season then I guess it will have all been worth it.

Anybody know why several players are simply being listed as A Trialist, even the one who's played for us before? Makes watching these games even more frustrating if we're not even told the names of some of the players.

Hoping for something more like a first team against QPR's U21s this afternoon. On the plus side, Ricky Gabriel seems to be making a good job of making that left back spot his own. 

Couldn't agree more AT. I do worry that Bradley really doesn't know how to go about building a fruitful pre-season. It was our downfall last season as we lost too much ground early on and I worry it could be again. As with last season, small tweaks to the squad were all that was needed but for the 2nd season running we've had an exodus of key players followed by a flurry of triallists who are unlikely to improve the squad over the players lost. 

I hope I'm wrong

"Exodus of Key Players" suggests we've lost three quarters of the team......... I would say we have kept the key players and Brad has learnt from last season...

Trailists are always played in pre-season.

We are easily play off contenders this season

Archived