Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pop star Olly Murs helps out at Coggeshall Town

FF News

Pop star Olly Murs has paid to have the showers fixed at Thurlow Nunn League Division One club Coggeshall Town.

The Witham-based singer decided to help out his former club after suggesting that the facilities were "dreadful".murs

"I said listen, let me put some money in and get it sorted," he said. "I rang up my plumber and said can you sort the showers out, and he has."

Murs rose to fame in the 2009 series of X Factor but has always been a keen footballer.

And before appearing for the club in their friendly against an Ipswich Town XI, Murs spoke to the Tractor Boys website.

He said "I think we're a really up and coming exciting club that everyone wants to be a part of," he said. "That's exciting for me, as a football fan.

"I have a fantastic career and get to do amazing things, but part of my life, a huge part of it, is football. It's all I've ever done since I was a kid.

"Forget about music, music is kind of the second thing - my second love. Football has always been my first."

Murs said he asked a plumber who works for West Ham to fix the showers.

"Ipswich Town wouldn't worry about them, but for us down here having a good shower after the game is amazing," he said.

Coggeshall put on a good display and held the Tractor Boys XI to a 1-1 draw

Image: www.actionimages.com

Source

Archived