Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking F.C. Announce Squad.

Big J R

Reluctantly posting here on this comment given the usual type of response . But who are last years returning players , assume Russel Heart ( Bodger ) Ryan Lunn and Kieran Lunn . Who played for Leatherhead Sutton and Chelsea ? as surely wouldn't mention those clubs if just at youth level . We all know someone called Dave just like we all know someone that's had a trial at ________. Fill in the blanks ! As for those remaining it would be nice to know what they've done and who they are rather than just living in a village near Dorking. Oh I seem to remember Stewart Mussel playing for Dorking . Sorry Russel.

What's happened to the rest of last years squad ?

Assume this group has more about them and will improve on last years achievements.

Ill try to help GoHaG

But who are last years returning players?

Matt Finn
Returning to the club after being part of the squad last year.

Russell Hartt
“Badger” returns for another season with his hometown club.

Ryan Lunn
Broke through to the first team last season, while still part of the Dorking’s Under 18s.
Andy Miller
A creative midfielder who made a handful of appearances last season and now returns to his local club.

Kieran Lunn
Previously at Leatherhead and Walton and Hersham, now entering his third season with Dorking and appointed club captain.

Plus I think

Stuart Russell
A highly rated former member of Leatherhead’s youth team and part of the Dorking squad in 2014-15, now returning to the club.

Who played for Leatherhead Sutton and Chelsea ? as surely wouldn't mention those clubs if just at youth level .

Richard Webber
Previously played at Leatherhead, before focusing on his coaching career with their successful youth teams.

Danny has also looked a little further afield to recruit some emerging players with top-level youth experience, including at Chelsea and Sutton United,

Tom Day
Recently signed from Sutton United, where he rose from their junior section into their youth team, having had trials with Brighton and Hove Albion, AFC Wimbledon and Crystal Palace.

Ethan Belward
Currently also the youth team keeper for Worthing, following his release from Chelsea.

As for those remaining it would be nice to know what they've done and who they are rather than just living in a village near Dorking.

The small pen pictures we've put on that press release do say a bit more about them than you indicate GoHaG, and we will be putting more details in our programmes which I can reserve for you when you watch DWFC or drop off a few for you at the home of the mighty lobsters.

What's happened to the rest of last years squad ?

Im not sure whats happened to all of them, forgive me for not keeping tabs on the many players we were lucky to get to represent the club or help us out with when we were short.

Some I know:

Glen Wright : Moved to west country for work, I'm hoping he finds a good club there.

Dan Huxley : Moved to Frimley Green as manager

Followed him there ( and very good luck to them )

Sanchez Harris, Luke Harmsworth John Jupp Dan Akinwande (cpt) and a couple more I think. ( sorry guys if Ive not mentioned you!)

Colliers Wood may have Andrew Osei (GK) .

Maybe an interesting topic for Dorking FC followers like your goodself GoHaG, : Where are they now?   Might even be a good programme feature?

P'raps they could do a version of  'Who Do You Think You Are ?' for nameless posters as wel!!

:bolt:

Assume the post by Mr Big is directed at me . Didn't realise it was a prerequisite that you disclosed who you were . Big JR hardly states who you are although somewhat boringly when the going gets tough people flex their muscles with comments like " I don't care who knows me I'm ----- ----- and proud of it " DM if you like and I'm happy to chat . Is it just me or do we need full identities of , for example , Krooners , Manors , in the Know , Foxy 10 , Fox in the Box , Bronco , Nosher , and however more with that type of user name . Seems people don't like comments from who they don't know . Why ? Does seem a bit old school and clicky . What are you worried about Mr Big.

If it makes a difference to you I will happily post my name . There is that all better now .

Assume the post by Mr Big is directed at me . Didn't realise it was a prerequisite that you disclosed who you were . Big JR hardly states who you are although somewhat boringly when the going gets tough people flex their muscles with comments like " I don't care who knows me I'm ----- ----- and proud of it " DM if you like and I'm happy to chat . Is it just me or do we need full identities of , for example , Krooners , Manors , in the Know , Foxy 10 , Fox in the Box , Bronco , Nosher , and however more with that type of user name . Seems people don't like comments from who they don't know . Why ? Does seem a bit old school and clicky . What are you worried about Mr Big.

If it makes a difference to you I will happily post my name . There is that all better now .

Giggle.  I don't think there is any reason to post your name.  I don't however because I have been on the scene for bloody years as a match official and a supporter a lot of people happen to know and have met me on my travels.

People are allowed to post what they want however, if in my opinion, it is always anti one club then they will get stick from people on here especially people from that club and ones I know have done a lot in the past for that club.  As much as they have to take the stick you dish out so you have to be big enough to take the stick given back. 

A good example is this post.  JR has had a go at you and you have responded in kind yet the very informative post from Jeff appears to have been ignored despite him doing his best to answer your original question.  Perhaps a quick thanks to him for his time in trying to answer your question and ignore JR's jibes would be a better way of going ?

Just my thoughts.

Very good point Mr Krooner. On reflection my omission to respond to the information does come across as rude , that wasn't my intention. Belatedly apologies for that and thanks for Jeff's response.

Good luck to all clubs including Dorking ( who I have no issue with , just frustrated that having followed them last year I can't find a lot out about what's going on ) . I hope to visit a number of clubs across both divisions this season and hope for some good entertainment along the way.

Just to clasrify one point, there has NEVER been any secrecy as to my identity.  I know personally, many posters on this forum, some of whom are, or have been officials of clubs.

I occasionally have a lunch-time drink with one such official.  A great chance to discuss facts rather than idle gossip or to 'run people down' !

I do NOT currently hold any official position with any club but do talk to officials of DFC AND Dorking Wanderers, and if I can help anybody in any way I can, I WILL !

For the record, I spent yesterday afternoon with a DFC official, attempting to find a pitch for Dorking Ladies for this season.  Unfortunately, the temporary pitch they have been using during the Meadowbank re-development is not now available due to the sale of the company premises that owned it.

Anybody who wants to know my identity or other personal details is quite free to PM me.

Archived