Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SCR vs Erith - highlights

Watching those highlights makes the result even harder to take. We should of had a penalty (about 1 min in on the video), our striker looked level when he was played through on goal and scored and how the ref overalled the linesman that the player who eventually scored their second wasn't offside and wasn't interfering with play is a joke.

It just summed up the night for us. I know it's easy to blame the officials when you lose but the video doesn't lie.

Have to disagree with above comments. Great decision by referee to over rule his Assistant. AR just a bit too quick with the flag

Have to disagree with above comments. Great decision by referee to over rule his Assistant. AR just a bit too quick with the flag

But how can he not be interfering. He is nearest to the ball and clearly running after it. Also as he is running from an offside position he has an advantage of being higher up the pitch to score when it comes back off the post.

I just can't get my head around how that's allowed.

Please explain it to me as even the FA rules say that the player has gained an advantage and is interfering with play so is offside.

OH DEAR !

Looks like it's going to be a "Lets criticise the officials"  season.

OH DEAR !

Looks like it's going to be a "Lets criticise the officials" season.

Lol what a pointless comment. I thought you would be better than that.

So clearly I have no case to question the officials and your not allowed to comment on controversial decisions that have a major effect on the outcome of a match.

The officials get paid to do a job so you should be able to comment on them as much as players and mangers of teams.

Agree with Manors that the assistant was too quick to flag. If he delays his flag and the player runs on to his own ball forward then there is nothing to debate. Irrelevant after that if a player who was in an offside position in the first phase ends up scoring in the second phase.

Agree with Manors that the assistant was too quick to flag. If he delays his flag and the player runs on to his own ball forward then there is nothing to debate. Irrelevant after that if a player who was in an offside position in the first phase ends up scoring in the second phase.

I think I must need a trip to spec savers then because the other player is nearest to the ball and runs after it causing the linesman to flag and some of the defenders to stop also giving him a massive advantage to get on the rebounded ball.

Either way he was close enough to the ball to have an effect on play and the linesmans arm to raise the flag.

Im now off to spec savers for a 2 for 1 deal lol

I will happily lend you a pair too lol

The fact that he did flag puts the referee in a difficult position. Does he over rule the assistant or does he support his assistant knowing in his heart that they have made an incorrect decision.

Many referees would have given the offside

The fact that he did flag puts the referee in a difficult position. Does he over rule the assistant or does he support his assistant knowing in his heart that they have made an incorrect decision.

Many referees would have given the offside

Well at least we can agree on that. It caused massive confusion to Erith's advantage. If the current rules don't work and cause confusion change them back so anyone in an offside position is off regardless.

Having just watched the video whilst the assistant for the second goal was a bit hasty in raising the flag the goal definitely should have stood no matter what confusion he caused , ( don't the officials always ) although I accept it doesn't always lead to a goal. Penalty seems debatable at best ( seen them given ) particularly when playing at home but by no means clear cut and the same with the offside although he did seem a fraction more offside than on if that makes sense.

Unfortunate for SCR but not convinced the major decisions were significantly wrong . What do I know though ?

Club Officials who think the referee has had as 'stinker' have the right to mark him down.

Very rare it happens, though.  It can involve a lot of time, and possibly money !

Archived