Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 13th August Match Thread

What's confusing me is that if the throw has to be taken and is deemed to be delaying the start why did the player knock the ball away if he was going to retain the throw in?

The report from our trip to Windsor is here.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2016.17-7.html

A disappointing outcome, but we didn't do enough to warrant the three points, and I would assert that neither team actually did.

Rother's statement about a badly hit back pass is correct and many of our passes were also under hit today. Don't know why that was.

Overall, we need to improved defensively as we can't score lots every week. Admittedly though, the Windsor equaliser was a great turn and strike.

Good report as usual Rich and always good to see you and your other club colleagues again at Stag Meadow.  I agree on another day that challenge may have seen a red card issued but on another day your player may not have still been on the pitch then having already received a stern warning and later attempting to head-butt the same player again in that tussle on the ground ten minutes before the tackle !  My honest opinion is that the referee saw two players both trying to assert themselves over their opponents and allowed them to sort it out in an old-fashioned sort of way ie you clatter me, I'll clatter you and no quarter given - technically incorrect according to the laws of the game but common sense does sometimes prevail !  Must say though that your player is either very brave or very stupid as I wouldn't want to be picking a fight with someone about 18" taller than me and built like a brick outhouse ! LOL.

You may be correct on the earlier incident Steve. Certainly our player does have previous in that sort of area. I saw the scuffle and whilst I didn't see any head contact, it doesn't surprise me to hear that.

However, I think the referee was fortunate that the match didn't degenerate from that point. Many's the time that players see that sort of thing going unpunished and decide that either a ) they can get away with it too or b ) that the ref isn't protecting players so they had better do it instead.

As for the surface, I blame the players :)

Edited by E&E Rich