Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFCHSA Target for 2016/17 Season

Fat Tom Daley

Hi All,

The season is upon us and the AFCHSA had a meeting last night with the club to discuss activities and support for the year.

For those that sit in the Riverside stand you are probably aware that its not in the best state of repair, so we have decided that this is our target for the season to renovate it. The committee has decided that all profit from the memberships will be put towards this goal, and are working on other fund raising activities so watch this space. Of course if you have any ideas please get in touch.

As a start this Sunday we are looking for volunteers to help make a start, so if you have a spare hour to help we would be grateful for any help. The aim is to meet at 9am and get cracking.

If you could bring brooms, paint brushes, nails etc it would be appreciated.

Come on the Chins

Jordan

• 2 months later...

Update

Hi All,

Just wanted to provide everyone a quick update on our progress so far this season.

The painting of the has Riverside Main Stand started to progress and we are 3/4 of the way through and should be completed soon.

Our next task will be to remove the weeds and shrubbery behind the stand to prevent it damaging the stand in the future. We will have a few weekends where we need volunteers to help with this. Once the dates are confirmed I will let you know.

Once this has been completed, we hope to extend the fencing along the side and to the back of the stand to smarten the appearance of it.

Other tasks have also been completed/ongoing this year in the ground. So far we have;

• Repainted the Eastside main boards red and white
  • Boards with the Hornchurch Crest will be place at all exits on the pitch perimeter. The first two were fitted at the weekend.
  • The dugouts have been repainted

As always, we thank you your continued support so far in helping us achieve our goals for the season.

Jordan

post-4726-0-12056700-1477389386_thumb.jpg

post-4726-0-10988000-1477389391_thumb.jpg

Jordan

You and the rest of the supporters association are a credit to this club.

the work you do not only the obvious things but the unseen/unknown issues are fantastic.

I for one want to thank you and the guys for all the hard work you have put in , it is appreciated.

PS the real issue of re-introduction of the pies is the main reason for my praise :thumbsup (2):

:pacman: 

• 3 weeks later...

The AFC Hornchurch Supporters Association are very pleased to announce the completion of refurbishment of the Riverside main stand. Over the past few months we have been working with Anderson Decorating Services (UK) Ltd, whom we are very grateful for their support, in repainting the entire stand.  You will now notice all the floors have been painted black and the livery of the stand has been repainted in black and white (I'll publish some photos when I get them).

We would like to thank everyone’s support by helping us achieve this goal!

Our next aims, which we are planning to carry out this season, are as follows;

• Boards with the Hornchurch Crest will be placed at exits on the pitch perimeter (2 have been fitted already)
  • Repaint the TV Gantry and add a new Hornchurch crest on the front
  • Repair Max’s Door
  • Remove the foliage and waste behind the Riverside Stand (We need many hands for this!)

We aim to start work on these tasks very soon and if you could give a little free time to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Dates will be announced in the due course.

Once again, thanks for your continued support.

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan

Fantastic work by you and the Supporters Association Committee. can I suggest that the opening of the Colin McBride stand be a feature on the website with photos.

les

Archived