Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camber Sands Tragedy !

A beautiful hot sunny day yesterday and people flooded to the South coast.

FIVE DIE DUE TO A RIP TIDE AT CAMBER SANDS !

It then transpires there are NO life-guards at Camber Sands, just one 'beach-patrol'.

It beggars belief.

• 1 month later...

I think there was a lot more to this story than met the eye and what was reported on, why on earth would five young Sri Lankan lads drive to Camber Sands of all places from London just to play football on the beach in nice weather.

I think there was a lot more to this story than met the eye and what was reported on, why on earth would five young Sri Lankan lads drive to Camber Sands of all places from London just to play football on the beach in nice weather.

It is quite possible Rhodsey.

In the summer, my family often drive the 30 odd miles to Littlehampton to spend a day on the coast and it's common to see ethnic familes who have travelled down from the 'smoke' to enjoy a day by the sea.  Littlehampton has always had a superb lifeguard system in operation, whereas I believe Camber Sands has always been lacking, even though it is common knowledge that at times there are vicious rip-tides occuring.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not exactly the Maldives, Seychelles, Dubai, Bahamas, Phuket or Cancun is it though, that's my point

It's not exactly the Maldives, Seychelles, Dubai, Bahamas, Phuket or Cancun is it though, that's my point

Now we know where you've been for the past few months, Rhodsey ""

Was it a nice cruise ?  Are you a secret lottery winner ??

Archived