Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shoddy to say the least!!!!!!

Smudge

Had a rare visit out to watch a game between AC London v Cobham yesterday,but the League has certainly gone down hill this season.The game only had 1 official turn up,so 1 member from each Club had to run  the line for the game to go ahead.Now knowing that the CCL League charge their Clubs a membership fee,for being able to play at Step 6 Level,and all the Committee Members do it voluntary,it beggars the question where does that money go.AC London and Cobham should be given an apology for ruining their afternoon,at the minimum.The good news was there was no one to take gate money.The bad news no team sheet available,no tannnoy used,was more like Sunday morning up the Purley Way.The ref had a reasonable game in the circumstances,but alas never gave 2 stone wall penalties,1 to each side,WHICH did not help the abuse as such from both benches and the players combined.Still suppose the CCL will fine AC London for the missing officials to add to the over £400 they have already donated in fines,what they need to do is get out and watch their Member Clubs and see what is going on in the real world.Oh by the way AC London are no Guernsey,only 5 fans went to watch this game and I was one of them.

you've answered you're own question regarding lack of officials in your post, with the following............ "did not help the abuse as such from both benches and the players"

Manors,the lack of the missing 2 Officials caused the problem.No one in Officialdom to control the benches,no one to check substitutions.The Referee had no assistance at all from the Club Linesman,whether that was by his choice who knows.The Referee was HOME ALONE,and he should of called the game off,before he started.

Smudge, the clubs and the referee were aware that no assistants were coming. There are less assistants on the league for various reasons and I guess some are on holiday at this time of the year

In the event that no league appointed officials are available the the club(s) have to provide competent people to run the line and the referee will decide what decisions he wants them to assist him with. Usually offsides and ball in and out of play

It is poor though.  The CCL is part of the pyramid and it should have 3 officials for each match.  I wonder if the Suburban league, a league outside the system, had full coverage ?

If so then why do officials do that league instead of the CCL ?

Officials.

When they aren't there we miss them so maybe we should show a bit more respect to them.

Div one isn't full up though so we should expect a full contingent of officials or we will be struggling if we get more member clubs.

AC London.

2 draws and a 5 and 8 nil, different class of opposition or different line ups?

No Guernsey off the field that's for sure.

Good group, pleasure to host them at Dorking, but a squad of players and coaching staff only.

I wonder if a lack of off field back up may hinder their on field ambitions?

Perhaps they don't need a turnstile operator to take 5 peoples cash, tannoy is optional in Div one, but did they have a programme as you say no team sheets Smudge?

I would guess the groundshare agreement takes care of catering and hospitality.

Just wondering what the 400 quid in fines was for.

Archived