Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spartans boss Wade hails "magical" Dale

FF News

Blyth Spartans manager Tom Wade hailed winger Robbie Dale after he become match-winner in more ways than one in their Evo-Stik Northern Premier League win over Grantham Town.

Dale doubled Spartans 1-0 lead over the Gingerbreads in the second half of their game at the South Kesteven Sports Stadium, only for the hosts to peg back the Northumberland outfit with a Danny Meadows penalty.tom wade

The Gingerbreads were handed a chance to secure a point in injury time as their were awarded another spot kick, a decision that saw Spartans keeper Peter Jeffries dismissed.

With no substitute goalkeeper in place Dale took his place between the sticks, not for the first time in his career.

Jamie McGhee stepped up to take the penalty but saw Dale save with his legs, securing all three points for the Spartans.

That save left his manager to describe Dale as "magical".

Speaking to the club's website he said Wade said: “It was one of those magical days when Robbie Dale just scores and saves a penalty. It’s what headlines are made of, isn’t it?

“He’s done it before. He did it here at Grantham before, in fact.

“I don’t think he had the best game in the world, but he’s getting better. I had a chat with him before the game and I just explained how important he is in the team, but I didn’t expect him to be that important.

“I think the lads are disappointed that we didn’t play as well as we can, but we have to understand that teams aren’t just going to let us play football.

“They closed us down and they had three on Robbie at times, which should have allowed us to open their team up and move the ball a bit quicker. We didn’t manage that against Grantham, unfortunately, but you don’t want to be going out all guns blazing this early in the season anyway.

“I think we’re in a good place at the moment and we can still get a lot better than where we are.”

Source: www.blythspartans.com
Image: www.actionimages.com

Source

Archived