Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Watson leaves Stalybridge Celtic

FF News

Liam Watson has resigned as manager of Vanarama National League North club Stalybridge Celtic.

Chairman Rob Gorski said: “Liam has a couple of personal issues that must take priority and he feels that he cannot give the role the time and focus that it needs. He is happy to go on record confirming that `you will never see me in the dug-out again, I am retiring from management`.”

Ironically, it comes shortly after Neil Young quit league rivals Altrincham, also claiming that he had done with football management.

Gorski added: “If Liam were resigning to take another job, then I would have rejected it, but family comes first and it was with the greatest of regret that I accepted the situation.

“After Saturday’s defeat to Gloucester City, there will be some who maybe won’t shed too many tears. I would personally remind everyone that firstly Liam has a unique record in delivering four non-League titles but more pertinently for us, his man-management skills were there for all to see as he took a team who had won one point in twenty-four, to play-off form and we survived absolute certain relegation on the last day of the season.

For that alone Liam will forever have my gratitude. In his short time with the club, he also took us to the First Round proper of the FA Cup, a feat we hadn’t achieved for over a decade.

“I will make a further statement in the coming days, but I felt that it was important for the fans to know via official channels before the players, who found out after today's game, started to post on social media.

“On behalf of the whole club, I wish Liam the very best of luck in his career and I'm sure that he will still assist the club in any way that he can”.

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived