Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Former Black Cats midfielder Arca signs South Shields contract

FF News

Former Sunderland and Middlesbrough midfielder Julio Arca has committed his future to EBAC Northern League club South Shields.

The former Argentinian U20 international has put pen to paper on a contract with the Mariners Park club.Julio-Arca-

Arca joined the Mariners in a shock move last September, agreeing to play on a non-contract basis and has had great success since siging.

He was a key part of the club's Northern League Division Two title-winning squad and has been made vice-captain of the side as they target a second consecutive promotion that would take them into the Evo-Stik NPL First Division North.

Speaking to the club website he said: “It’s good to commit to the club even more.

“I’m really enjoying my football and it’s the logical next step to reaffirm that commitment by signing the contract.

“The club is trying to be as professional as it can be and I want to be a part of that. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last year.

“I’m really looking forward to the rest of the season in Division One, which is going to be difficult.

“We’ve done really well over the last three games, though, especially the match at Penrith on Monday.

“We totally dominated the game and were very patient with the ball. It was a pleasure to be involved in that and hopefully we can continue to do well.”

Arca has made 37 appearances for the Mariners, scoring 13 goals in his time with the South Tyneside club.

Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily)
Image: Peter Talbot

Source

Archived