Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wednesday 21st September

Wednesday 21st September – Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

Crawley Green v Grendon Rangers

Hadley v Harefield United (Kick Off 7.30pm)

Southall v Stotfold

Welwyn Garden City v The 61FC (Luton)

Wodson Park v Berkhamsted

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

Stotfold Development v Harpenden Town Development 

Will be at the Southall game to cheer PP and the All! on to victory!

Thought there was a chance Southall were going to run away with the league this year, so far it's not looking that way. Have you been impressed with them when you've seen them SB?

Only seen them once this season and i was impressed with the players who Paul Palmer had signed a good mix of youth and experience. They will be hard to beat this season but they need someone who will get them 20+ goals. With players like Riggs, Asate, Fraser, Hind, Bennell and Page they will be up there at the end of the season i have no doubt about that. If Senior could get a run of games he could score a few goals like he used to do a few years back when he was in his prime. Southall are in a decent position in the league and if they had turned a few of those draws in to wins they would be top of the league but i know its all ifs and buts.

RH with your Oxhey Jets contacts do you know if Simi Armstrong is playing for anyone this season? after his Hanwell Town experience turned sour :-( i really rated that guy.

Is Terry Smith still retired/taking a break from the beautiful game?

Also is Tom Inch enjoying his football again?

Oxhey Jets should tempt Tom Kennedy back a top fullback in my opinion.

SSML legend Lewis Putman doesnt seem to be playing for Slough Town lately do you know if he is injured?

Only seen them once this season and i was impressed with the players who Paul Palmer had signed a good mix of youth and experience. They will be hard to beat this season but they need someone who will get them 20+ goals. With players like Riggs, Asate, Fraser, Hind, Bennell and Page they will be up there at the end of the season i have no doubt about that. If Senior could get a run of games he could score a few goals like he used to do a few years back when he was in his prime. Southall are in a decent position in the league and if they had turned a few of those draws in to wins they would be top of the league but i know its all ifs and buts.

RH with your Oxhey Jets contacts do you know if Simi Armstrong is playing for anyone this season? after his Hanwell Town experience turned sour :-( i really rated that guy.

Is Terry Smith still retired/taking a break from the beautiful game?

Also is Tom Inch enjoying his football again?

Oxhey Jets should tempt Tom Kennedy back a top fullback in my opinion.

SSML legend Lewis Putman doesnt seem to be playing for Slough Town lately do you know if he is injured?

I agree looking at their squad, get a goalscorer and they'll be fine. Every chance Senior could roll back the years, but I hear he's a bit more interested in 'herbalife' these days. 

Rumours have surfaced of Armstrong returning, I actually think he's made an appearance already, just needs to get match-fitness back. Terry "nutkins" Smith is still not playing, says he doesn't really miss it too, he's just been smashing the gym instead. And Tom Kennedy has gone completely off the radar, big shame. 

Tommy Inch is oozing class at the moment, didn't think they'd be able to tempt him back as he's a busy man off the pitch, but a license to roam around the midfield and the new nike kit were sweeteners in the deal. He's even managed to coax back older brother L.Inch from Edgware after his successful season there last year, but he's so far only played with the thirds whilst re-gaining his fitness. 

Putts got injured towards the end of August, he'll be back playing for Slough soon. They've turned him into a winger would you believe!

Great reply as always RH :signthankspin: 

I'm told Tom Kennedys work commitments mean he cant play anymore which is a shame as he is class fullback in my opinion.

STOP THE PRESS!

Striker Jack Ward has left Edgware Town and Southall are trying to tempt him back to the club.

League Challenge Trophy 1st Rd

HT

Southall 1

Stotfold 1

Southall are the better team.

STOP THE PRESS!

Striker Jack Ward has left Edgware Town and Southall are trying to tempt him back to the club.

Hope they have an official 7 day in for him

FT

Southall 5 A.Lansiquot, W.Harvey 2, J.Bennett, A.Page

Stotfold 1

Southall were superb tonite W.Harvey was my MOM Stotfold could not handle him all game. Both teams down to 10 men (Sendings Off) you would have thought Southall played in the higher league not Stotfold. A great resullt for Southall FC.

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

4-0 Crawley Green v Grendon Rangers

2-0 Hadley v Harefield United

5-1 Southall v Stotfold

2-2 Welwyn Garden City v The 61FC (Luton) (Welwyn Garden City won 3-0 on penalties)

1-3 Wodson Park v Berkhamsted

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

7-1 Stotfold Development v Harpenden Town Development 

Interesting results last night, 2 poor shows from Prem sides, biggest shock is 61FC taking Welwyn to pens. Regardless of rotation of squad (blah blah) surely a Div 2 side shouldn't be making a Prem side work that hard for the win, especially one that has been hyped up so much! Fair play to 61 and also Southall who played what looked on paper to be a good Stotfold side. 

Welwyn werent good at all...glimmers of brilliance from Brettell and Ewington but took the foot off the gas...to 61FC credit they fought hard all game and got their just deserts....but Pens the class showed...great pens v 2 well saved pens and then a skier....still they march on....lesson learnt...we all have these days...its football.

Disagree. I've seen many a cup upset in the challenge trophy. there isn't a massive difference between top of div 2, div 1 and prem. Only one or two teams can get promoted each season so for many clubs they get away with playing at a high level. If the leagues were restructured based on were teams finish..... Top 5 from div 2, top 8 from Div 1 and top 10 from the prem it should be more competitive. On the flip side the same players are likely to stay in a division where they feel comfortable, maybe having "big fish little pond mentality", but that's up to them. I have basically come up with an argument and concluded to the exact same place. But feel free to comment ?

FT

Southall 5 A.Lansiquot, W.Harvey 2, J.Bennett, A.Page

Stotfold 1

Southall were superb tonite W.Harvey was my MOM Stotfold could not handle him all game. Both teams down to 10 men (Sendings Off) you would have thought Southall played in the higher league not Stotfold. A great resullt for Southall FC.

That Lanisquot signing is quite the coup. There is your 25+ goal man if you ask me. Add "Wardy" to that and they'll be flying. Although I'm told he built a great relationship with the manager at Edgware and the fans, so wouldn't be surprised if he returned there. 

Has our very own Dom Cas returned between the sticks yet? Heard that position is one of the missing pieces to the Southall promotion puzzle. 

Disagree. I've seen many a cup upset in the challenge trophy. there isn't a massive difference between top of div 2, div 1 and prem. Only one or two teams can get promoted each season so for many clubs they get away with playing at a high level. If the leagues were restructured based on were teams finish..... Top 5 from div 2, top 8 from Div 1 and top 10 from the prem it should be more competitive. On the flip side the same players are likely to stay in a division where they feel comfortable, maybe having "big fish little pond mentality", but that's up to them. I have basically come up with an argument and concluded to the exact same place. But feel free to comment

I agree with what you say regarding the top teams in each division being able to compete in the top half of the div above. I for one have always maintained that opinion. This season may be different based on early results but there is a long way to go. But in this instance we are talking about a team 13th in Div 2 (not top 5 at the moment) against second in the prem which is over 50 places in league positions. I do believe that teams go into games thinking it will be a walkover and are then pleasantly surprised how much desire under dogs have, and after all, desire is so key at this level. These things do happen and it is the joy of cup comps!   

I agree with what you say regarding the top teams in each division being able to compete in the top half of the div above. I for one have always maintained that opinion. This season may be different based on early results but there is a long way to go. But in this instance we are talking about a team 13th in Div 2 (not top 5 at the moment) against second in the prem which is over 50 places in league positions. I do believe that teams go into games thinking it will be a walkover and are then pleasantly surprised how much desire under dogs have, and after all, desire is so key at this level. These things do happen and it is the joy of cup comps!

To be fair You're spot. A second string of players from 2nd in the prem should quite easily beat 13th in div 2. The challenge trophy always provides shocks every season without fail.

That Lanisquot signing is quite the coup. There is your 25+ goal man if you ask me. Add "Wardy" to that and they'll be flying. Although I'm told he built a great relationship with the manager at Edgware and the fans, so wouldn't be surprised if he returned there.

Has our very own Dom Cas returned between the sticks yet? Heard that position is one of the missing pieces to the Southall promotion puzzle.

A.Lanisquot was playing right wing.

D.Cassells was there watching the game but i didnt speak to him the last time i spoke to him he said he was awaiting a operation on a injury.

Club legend and Harefield United player C.Barrett was watching the game from the stands could a return to his fave club be on the cards?

W.Harvey reminds me a bit of Hanwell Town FC legend Charlie Baverstock in his style of play and his workrate. W.Harvey and J.Ward would be some strike force for Southall FC.

Im told J.Ward was asked to play at centre back at Edgware Town and was not happy.

Stotfold were very poor but take nothing away from Southall who played really well even when they were down to 10 men against 11 Stotfold players.

L.Hind nearly scored a goal of the season contender in the first half but hit the crossbar.

D.Bennell and A.Page were rocks at the back for Southall and they kept Stotfold dangerman D.Bond quiet until D.Bond got sent off for losing his cool.

Rumours have surfaced of Armstrong returning, I actually think he's made an appearance already, just needs to get match-fitness back. !

Spot on as always RH as S.Armstrong was on the bench for Oxhey Jets on Tuesday. 

Archived