Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Staines Town v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Town hit the road again tomorrow evening to play Staines in our next Ryman Premier Division fixture, looking for a much needed win to kick-start our season, and improve our current league position.

Last season Town did the double over The Swans, winning 2-1 at home last October, before Corey Whitely popped up with a winner in the return at Wheatsheaf Park, to clinch the three points in an otherwise dour encounter.

Seven matches into the new campaign, Staines are ninth in the table, unbeaten at home with 2 wins and 2 draws. On Saturday they entertained and beat Vanarama South table-toppers Maidenhead United 1-0 to reach the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, where they have been drawn away to either Sevenoaks or Chesham United. Well done to them and good luck in the next round.

No doubt about it, the Swans are flying high at the moment, and Town will certainly need a top draw performance to take points from this tricky fixture. It certainly won't be easy, but after a blank Saturday in the league, Brad and the lads will be raring to go in this match, and will be aiming to repeat last seasons success.

Sure we will give it our best shots! Good luck everyone.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Would agree with that LS. There have been quite a few comings and goings in the past couple of weeks or so, which makes you wonder if we know our best starting eleven yet. A number of the new arrivals are just names to me, as I haven't seen them play. Would be interesting to hear who our supporters would select now as first choice players, based on performances to date this season

One thing for sure, we urgently need a settled side capable of winning matches and picking up points, both home and away. Easier said than done in this League.

How about tonight, what are your own thoughts on the outcome? I have never won the pools, but will stick my neck out and go for a low score draw in this match.

If you are attending the game this evening, please share your views on our performance and the result. Cheers! 

Archived