Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Staines Town v Enfield Town

littlehampton

After hearing that we were a goal down well within the first minute it seems that

to gain a draw was an excellent result.

I have to agree with OT, however, that BQ still appears uncertain as to what is

his best team. Hopefully this will become apparent soon with a run of good results.

However, I am still hoping that he will give Mendy a starting position in a game

as this may be the boost he needs to get back on the scoring spree he has enjoyed over the past couple of years.

I was also sorry to see Crook was missing and hope he is not injured. I look

forward him starting Saturday to help us repeat the Hendon curse with a win.

However, an away point at this time must not be sniffed at, especially against an inform side.

Where to start ? it was an exciting game; full of chances and poor defending from both sides. Nathan was superb as usual and when we lost control of the game from the 55th to the 75th minute only his true class at this level kept us in it.

Things to work on ..

Several players in blades/ molded studs on a pitch that would take a stud in a drought and was covered in early autumnal dew. As a result Darnell, Ricky and worst of all Samir fell over several times. In the first half every dead ball Samir hit sailed 15-20 yards high and wide as his standing foot slipped. Enough said..

Corners - time and again we allowed a 2v1 from short corners - especially on our right .. has to be sorted.

Defending on the right - the number of times Tyler was exposed in a 1v1 or 2v1 and the ball was delivered down Staines left beggared belief. The first CH ( Percy) had to provide more cover, shift and get tighter to Tyler and recognize that. It's all about Game Management / experience.

2nd goal was a superb sidewinder from the GK spotting the fact that we were 2v1 at RB.. 3 touches later in the back of the net; that was from our corner. IMHO you could see it coming from a mile off. The GK had already recognized it was on for the 2 previous corners.

Middle of the Pitch - without Nathan / Billy or Brad in the middle of the park no one could control either the tempo or direction of play. To be fair that made for an exciting game.

Positives- after the first goal and with the run we are on / number of changes of personnel we could easily have folded - especially with Jefferson Louis winning every diagonal down their left / our right... but we didn't . We showed enormous character to stay in the game, equalize and then play quick , neat football through Tyler , Otts and Darnell.

I thought it was Kirbs best game in ages .. leading from the front and constantly geeing the boys on.

We created 4/5 great chances and dominated the first 15 mins  of the 2nd half before a true sucker-punch 2nd from Staines. Had we converted to go 2-1 as we deserved at that point ; who knows..

The boys rallied and drove on in the last 15 mins  and the equalizer was more than deserved.

I thought all of Brad's substitutions made a positive impact.

Super game - loads of action, loads of commitment but changes to our organisation at the back urgently required.

That point and equalizer could be the turning point. Fingers crossed and on to Saturday.

Archived