Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hendon

littlehampton

I have to say that some of the posts on the Hendon forum are a little clueless - but I guess thats what emerges following a proper spanking!

Town weren't perfect yesterday, but much improved. Yes, they could've conceded, but at the same time always looked likely to score more than the opposition.

Dernell was awesome. I think that the loss of Corey and absence of Bobby may just be the making of this young man. He ran his nuts off, chased and harried, and was rewarded with his goal. If he can push on from here he won't only be the first name on the teamsheet, but he'll be interesting teams much higher up the pyramid.

Billy Crook dictated play beautifully from the centre of the park - dare I say it, like a young Brad Quinton?!

Percy - very much a rough diamond, but he's certainly got some talent. Not sure where Vilcu was, but I wonder whether Percy could play on the right where Tyler played yesterday with Vilcu and Kirby in the middle? Either way, I'm not sure you can leave Percy out after an all-action display like that!

I like the look of our left flank - alot! Ricky and Samir were solid at the back and a constant threat going forward.

Kier Dickson was everywhere. He played some awesome balls to Dernell and Harry. His delivery was brilliant all afternoon. He thoroughly deserved his goals.

...if only we actually started playing properly before the last week of September!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Achieve my first goal, no pun intended, and got to the ground to see the match.

I think that CC  summation of the game was extremely fair. Cannot understand where the Hendon

supporters excuses are coming from. Rather than blaming the pitch etc, they should be asking their manager why he put out a defence of 6FT+  giant defenders who showed very little mobility when confronted by a pacey attack.  Unfortunately this is the bane of English football in that big means good,

and begins invariably at school boy level, I sometimes wonder what would have happened to Messi, Corzola etc  if they had been English.

I also wonder what they thought of their last years host's ( Harrow Bor. ) pitch. Presumably this was why they lost so many games last year.  It must have declined badly as in the previous year they almost secured promotion.

No, yesterday the better side on the day won, plus it did help that I was there. I can' remember seeing Hendon beat us for years. I believe it was back in the 60s at Wembley.

Following which we gained about half of their team starting with Terry Howard. Can't see any I would want from their current team, except perhaps the guy on the left wing.

If luck will have it I hope to be there next week, but each day at a time.

By the way CC it was announced about last Thursday that Claudio had been released hence his absence.

I thought it was a flat and lacklustre performance from Hendon and our team had somethings to prove as well as still being unbeaten at Donkey Lane.

I was delighted for Brad and the team, hopefully 2 more home wins this week and we'll be looking at some upcoming 6 pointers for play off positions.

The next game will interesting in seeing how we do

Archived