Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Metropolitan Police

littlehampton

After Saturdays impressive 6-0 thrashing of Hendon, Town will be hoping for more of the same, when they host Metropolitan Police in the Ryman Premier Division, at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium tomorrow evening. KO: 7.45pm.

The Met have not made the best of starts to the new season, and are currently bottom of RPD table, without a win from their opening nine matches. By way of coincidence, they played Hendon twice earlier this month, losing 1-2 at home in the League, before winning 4-3 away on penalties in the League Cup, three days later.

Back in January, we beat the Met 2-0 at home in the League, before sharing the points in a 2-2 draw at Imber Court in March. Everyone will be hoping (expecting) Town will build on their encouraging results last week, and deliver another stellar performance tomorrow, in front of a noisy home crowd, to continue their climb up the table.

Good luck everyone. Let's hear it for Brad and the boys!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

I thought we played well in the first half...moved the ball round well. Dernell was full of running and Mendy looked decent - once he fully settles in he'll score lots of goals I think. The ball just didn't seem to fall for us in front of goal.

Second half was scrappy... both sides were very narrow playing through the centre. The game was crying out for a player to get wide and run at the defenders with the ball on the floor in my opinion... Town just about deserved the win - Kirbs and Nathan were immense at the back when the Met put pressure on late in the game.

We also brought everyone back when defending set pieces so never had an outlet up front. it seemed to work though as we got another clean sheet and a win.

In Brad we trust... Towners!

Dulwich on Saturday will be a tougher game but they are on an awful run losing at home to Harrow last night.... could it be our time to beat them at last?

Met police were combative but we played in to their hands by invariably hitting long balls into the channels. No point playing a no 10 if the ball is flying over his head or past him. When we got it down and were patient we looked better. Still not playing the easy pass enough. In the first half when Sami got down the line he looked very effective and created two/ three really good chances. In the end the goal was a huge error by them really. We won though that is the main thing and players will be starting to understand each other's games better. Lets hope for better on Saturday.

Spot on analysis ! When we 'played out' and Crooky received the ball centrally either on the first or second pass we looked very good. When Nathan played long  from the back without Otts taking up a position under the ball we rarely won possession. Having said that I think both Nathan and Kirbs were outstanding again.

Agree with comments above.

Hope Brad and Coaches read them, although fairly obvious !!

Lack of width, game very central and no outlet when defence had the ball.

Having said that the team defended well and one way or another it was good to win a game where we did not play that well.

Dulwich are on a poor run, but all teams ( including them ) lift there game at the QEII.

I suggest this will be the toughest home game so far.

One last comment ( not a moan ) can the midfield play low through balls to Dernell for him to latch onto and score ( as Hendon game ) rather than hit high balls giving him ( and others ) no chance against tall strong centre backs.

Dulwich have two good big strong lads at the back. We need to play it on the deck and / or get round the full backs.

Tactics sorted .....ha ha.

Some very interesting comments and observations on last nights match. Think many people (myself included) expected a more convincing score, after we banged in six on Saturday, and the Met lost by a four-goal margin. For whatever reason it doesn't always work out that way, and sometimes you have to grind-out a result against determined opposition. Good to secure another three points and climb further up the table.

It will be another tough game on Saturday, but we ran Dulwich close over there, and this is a chance to get our own back. We need to be up for it, and grab the opportunity!

Many players looked tired. The Hendon game took their stamina out of them and I don't think that they had fully recovered.

Also the coppers played 4 at the back and their was less space to exploit. Without Ottaway and Campbell in the starting line up there was not the control with the ball up front that they offer.

Archived