Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 27th September

Tuesday 27th September – Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

Broadfields United v Tring Corinthians

Kensington Borough v Thame Rangers (Kick Off 7.30pm)

PREMIER DIVISION

Cockfosters v Tring Athletic

Edgware Town v Colney Heath

Hertford Town v London Tigers

Stotfold v Welwyn Garden City

DIVISION ONE

Biggleswade FC v Wodson Park

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDITE CUP First Round

Holmer Green Development v Aston Clinton

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

Hoddesdon Town Development v Risborough Rangers Development

Tuesday 27th September

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

6-0 Broadfields United v Tring Corinthians

1-1 Kensington Borough v Thame Rangers (Thame Rangers won 5-4 on penalties)

PREMIER DIVISION

0-0 Cockfosters v Tring Athletic

2-2 Edgware Town v Colney Heath

3-0 Hertford Town v London Tigers

A-A Stotfold v Welwyn Garden City (Abandoned after 70 minutes due to mass brawl with WGC leading 2-0)

DIVISION ONE

2-0 Biggleswade FC v Wodson Park

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDITE CUP First Round

0-2 Holmer Green Development v Aston Clinton

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

7-0 Hoddesdon Town Development v Risborough Rangers Development

WGC should be ashamed of themselves

In the same week that Hoddesdon Town finish top of the Respect Table. HIAP must be fuming!!!

Although fortunately I am holiday and missed it. My understanding is that there was no mass brawl. The incident kicked off after a WGC player was sent off for striking a Stotfold player and the same player then struck a supporter as he left the pitch causing players from both sides leaving the field of play. My reports tell me no fighting broke out and both sides wanted to continue.

Both teams need to wait to see the referees full report as the one read to me just says match abandoned.

Its best neither club or other rush to conclusions until all the facts are properly provided

Not only did their player get sent off for assault, he also hit a Stotfold supporter. 5 yards away from me. Now on Twitter The Manager of WGC is showing everyone a video of a tackle on one of their players which wasn't given as a yellow (it was as again, I saw the yellow shown) it was a bad tackle but to have the nerve to go on social media 12 hours after and play the innocent? That club is changing.

Welwyn Garden City were winning 2 0 so IF it was WGCs fault they are silly as they were winning 2 0. Stotfold had a mouthy supporter at there recent hammering by Southall he was standing between the dugouts and he didnt take the beating his Stotfold players were getting from Southall very well so he started giving the lino mouth with some choice words anyway i wonder IF it was him that got a slap from the WGC player ;-)

Edited by Savagebee

That is interesting FCC Chairman and I wonder if you would be prepared to provide a witness statement to that effect should they be necessary which will depend on the charges bought by the league or County FA's.

Until both clubs receive a charge and we know what we are dealing with then I prefer to try and dampen down the situation.

Hopefully there wont be a rush to replay the game immediately.

All of those I have spoken too suggested the game could have continued as the stewards had got it under control and although both sets of players left the field of play and there was the usual posturing of players looking after each other no fighting ensued. 

However if the young referee felt intimidated I quite understand him abandoning the game as he would have no doubt taken advice from his fellow officials and maybe the assessor present.

Either way it is one of several incidents in the SSML Premier over the last two seasons and it does not show the league and those clubs involved in a good light. 

I will be having a word with our management team to ensure we do not respond on social media and both clubs need to show some respect in this regard once we know all the facts. This is the last post I will make until matters take their course.

Wasnt present, didnt see it, so i can only go on hearsay.....But it does seem very stupid considering WGC were 2-0...but as a supporter...i do know and hear a lot of the gobby type at every ground....mouthing off to refs, players, lino's etc.

What cracks me up is the fact that people do in fact think theyre invincible...if you verbally abuse someone, sooner of later someone will react...im not saying its right, but it is reality....seems Stotfold have a brave supporter....perhaps its him, perhaps its not.

Johnno - Fair play for trying to deflect the situation onto making Ballsy such a nice person all of a sudden....butter wouldnt melt...perhaps he has turned a corner, perhaps he has seeked help....perhaps its early days in the season....perhaps we shall see by the end of the season if youre eating your words....all i know is, i wouldnt be counting on it...Leopard and all that.

As for Adam, perhaps he was highlighting how the game started to get out of control perhaps with an inferior ref in charge...i attended Hertford v London Tigers last night....absolutely woeful game and refereeing display...didnt produce a yellow until the second half after some shocking tackles....but looking at that video Mr Fish posted, none were as bad as that....im a Defender...id be ashamed if i did that to another player, both feet off the ground and lunged...textbook trying to injure a player...if he was my teammate, either side, id be either having a word.

At the end of the day, if you were there then fair enough but none of us were and people that were....its not always as it seems...was it the player who made that tackle involved in the sending off etc etc?

Too many "Never played the game" types at this level commenting these days.

You're a strange man.

Please support this comment...why? Youve obviously read my post....and thats the best you can try and comeback with. Was it said supporter? Was it warranted? Are you going to tell us all that this supposed supporter was innocent?

Johnno - This reminds me of the time i was at the Hertford v WGC game when twice Ballsy attacked an innocent fan...this fan stuck up for many supporters and asked Ballsy to calm down...did he...no he tried to attack him twice!

As ive said above, not condoning attacking a supporter....but provocation probably played a part...too many ignorant loose tongues at games these days.

In other news.....

Cockfosters and Tring Athletic battered each other at a furious pace for 90 minutes at the Stadio del Gesso and in the end deservedly shared a point in what will be the best 0-0 either side play this season.

Fosters hit the woodwork a couple of times, the young Tring keeper saved bravely one on one with his feet a few times, and the Yellows looked formidably fast going forward. Great game.

A few yellows, no punches, brawls or handbags and no gobby supporters.

Proud to follow the SSML.

Question. Shouldn't there be clear segregation between where the player has to walk to the changing room and the supporters. Some sort of gate or something? Not condoning what occurred but from memory, there isn't such a thing at Stotfold? Although I may incorrect. Certainly not their fault that this occurred but simple measures like this can make events like this preventable. I can think of many grounds where there isn't such a thing present to be fair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was there but I didn't see what went on after the WGC player was sent off. The gist I got from the league officials & referees assesors when the spoke after the abandonment was the player was abused as he walked off the pitch by an aggressive & abusive Stotfold supporter & they ended up in a scuffle. I saw most of the players & others then ran towards the confrontation & broke it up. The referee then blew his whistle & decided to abandon the game. The players were then shaking hands after on the pitch. There weren't any stewards there at all. Why should Wgcfc be ashamed of themselves? Would Wgcfc be to blame if they were playing this game with this incident at home? Who would be to blame if by chance the Wgcfc player got stabbed by the supporter whilst walking off the field of play? Too much blame is being laid on Wgcfc regarding this incident when all of the blame should be laid solely on Stotfoldsale doorstep in my opinion

In other news.....

Cockfosters and Tring Athletic battered each other at a furious pace for 90 minutes at the Stadio del Gesso and in the end deservedly shared a point in what will be the best 0-0 either side play this season.

Fosters hit the woodwork a couple of times, the young Tring keeper saved bravely one on one with his feet a few times, and the Yellows looked formidably fast going forward. Great game.

A few yellows, no punches, brawls or handbags and no gobby supporters.

Proud to follow the SSML.

One of the better 0-0 draws.  :D