Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

The Wilko "incident"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Stu B

Stu B
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
er..

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Remember, Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and then beat you with expierence

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
The attacking player was not in full control of the ball - as such, that is deemed 'a 50-50 ball' meaning the keeper was entitled to go for it. The keeper mistimed his attempt and fouled the player. A booking was correct - as the player was not in control of the ball, it could not be classed as a goalscoring opportunity.

Or are Woking the new Stevenage, proposing the rules be altered to suit themselves?

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I would like to see the video of incident because the player did not have control of the ball, in fact, I thought Protheroe took his legs from under him and he fell into Wilko who had already committed himself. At the time, I really thought Protheroe would be yellow/red carded. Am i the only one who saw this or is my eyesight getting worse?

The ref missed loads of incidents during the game especially the blatant hand ball in the box (2nd half) when Abbey tried to cross the ball. Nuff said already, we got a point but should have been 3 against a poor Woking performance (apart from Harris up front).

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Another point about this incident...
IMHO, Wilko is gentle giant and I don't believe there was any malicious intent, at all. In fact, as mentioned on several previous threads, he needs to be more forceful and domineering in his play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus