Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 15th. October Thread.

Burger!

Lobsters v Banstead.

League leaders visit the lush Kiln Brow today and should be an entertaining challenge, Redhill having 4 games in hand and looking for some good fortune and a few points!

Couple of latest.

PREM.

Colliers Wood  1 - 0  Guildford City.  Hart: 4 mins.

1st DIV.

South Pk Reserves  1 - 0  Dorking F.C.  15 mins.

BOTH THE ABOVE NOW HALF-TIME SCORES

1st DIV.

South Pk Reserves  1 - 1  Dorking F.C.  Brazil.

Tweets say DFC denied two stone cert penalties, but who am I to complain about the man in black ????  :ph34r:

1st DIV.

South Pk Reserves  2 - 2  Dorking F.C. Brazil (2).

Two quick goals in closing minutes.

FT Lobsters 1 Banstead 0.

More the game progressed the more confident the reds became. Should have put more away but thats more due to the quality of the opposition. Then with 15 minutes to go Banstead recieved a red card unsure what for but surporters thought it was for backchat to ref but if thats true then 3 more should have walked for the abuse the ref received. Reds now pushing for more but ever wary of the breakaway equaliser but it was not to be. Lobsters get the points. Points of note burgers were grest and not many div 1 games you get balloons on the pitch and the lads in the small stand singing their hearts out, but what made be laugh was the chant to the Banstead keeper "Did the council cut your hair?"

Football is back home at Kiln Brow.

FULL TIME SCORES.

PREM.

Colliers Wood  1 - 1  Guildford City.

1st DIV.

South Pk Reserves  2 - 2  Dorking F.C.

What has happened at Cove??

Relegated last season and although Duncs had a mini revival towards the end, it was too little too late.

This season expecting them to do well and possibly even push for promotion, yet i see them rock bottom with 4pts and conceded 52 goals in the league and only scored 11.

They are heading for a league that I don't even know of.

What is the division below??

Bloody logins, Jeff Hamnett TSF posting.

Decent game at South Park today, Dorking drew 2-2 with SP reserves.

Have to congratulate South Park for their great development recently, first team in Ryman and reserves still well catered for and club well run.

For the likes of carthorse and burger and a few others interested in football in the Dorking Redhill Horley area, things have changed  haven't they?

Old days (20 years ago?) the big clubs were traditionally Redhill and Dorking.

OK there was Leatherhead and Crawley and Woking but they were always a bit ahead.

Seems to me both South Park and Dorking Wanderers have overtaken Redhill and Dorking and done it very quickly. Horley progressed as well.

Does anyone think Redhill can catch up to South Park? Redhill play out of town, South Park play at South Park with all their associated sides.

Both have similar facilities but are separate.

You can see South Park's way forward but can you see Redhill's?

Dorking and Dorking Wanderers share at Westhumble and will groundshare at  the new Surrey FA headquarters with the 3G pitch at Meadowbank in Dorking town centre next year.

Very different philosophy for the clubs, DFC go for young local players, DWFC go for players who win games and their league.

Not likely but next season all four/five clubs could technically be in same division i.e.  COCO Prem.

So how do we see it?

Can you see Dorking Wanderers or South Park slippng back to CoCo level?

Can you see Redhill or Dorking getting back in Ryman?

Which way will Horley go?

What has happened at Cove??

Relegated last season and although Duncs had a mini revival towards the end, it was too little too late.

This season expecting them to do well and possibly even push for promotion, yet i see them rock bottom with 4pts and conceded 52 goals in the league and only scored 11.

They are heading for a league that I don't even know of.

What is the division below??

Don't know about that former club Johnno, but another one of your former clubs today has made me start thinking of when ash had produced a run of 9 straight wins in all competitions, must be back in the good old days of the Jamie Horton era in charge at the club

Today produced an excellent first half which blow away our opponents with 3 goals & could have been more.

Also saw several excellent saves from the opponent keeper whose dad (in the crowd) was an excellent ccl legend keeper

Bloody logins, Jeff Hamnett TSF posting.

Decent game at South Park today, Dorking drew 2-2 with SP reserves.

Have to congratulate South Park for their great development recently, first team in Ryman and reserves still well catered for and club well run.

For the likes of carthorse and burger and a few others interested in football in the Dorking Redhill Horley area, things have changed  haven't they?

Old days (20 years ago?) the big clubs were traditionally Redhill and Dorking.

OK there was Leatherhead and Crawley and Woking but they were always a bit ahead.

Seems to me both South Park and Dorking Wanderers have overtaken Redhill and Dorking and done it very quickly. Horley progressed as well.

Does anyone think Redhill can catch up to South Park? Redhill play out of town, South Park play at South Park with all their associated sides.

Both have similar facilities but are separate.

You can see South Park's way forward but can you see Redhill's?

Dorking and Dorking Wanderers share at Westhumble and will groundshare at  the new Surrey FA headquarters with the 3G pitch at Meadowbank in Dorking town centre next year.

Very different philosophy for the clubs, DFC go for young local players, DWFC go for players who win games and their league.

Not likely but next season all four/five clubs could technically be in same division i.e.  COCO Prem.

So how do we see it?

Can you see Dorking Wanderers or South Park slippng back to CoCo level?

Can you see Redhill or Dorking getting back in Ryman?

Which way will Horley go?

Some very interesting posers, there, Jeff !!  Especially with still over half of this season to go.

I was at South Park last season for the Guernsey game and was very impressed with the set-up and friendliness of the Club people.

Redhill seem to have invested well in their ground, so only time will tell.

Wanderers are doing well again this season, ever getting better and better.  They must be in with a shout of possible promotion to Ryman Prem. and at a location which should get an excellent ground grading given the money being spent on it.

You will note I haven't commented on the future for Dorking FC.  Probably by the end of this season a clearer picture will emerge.

Some very interesting posers, there, Jeff !!  Especially with still over half of this season to go.

I was at South Park last season for the Guernsey game and was very impressed with the set-up and friendliness of the Club people.

Redhill seem to have invested well in their ground, so only time will tell.

Wanderers are doing well again this season, ever getting better and better.  They must be in with a shout of possible promotion to Ryman Prem. and at a location which should get an excellent ground grading given the money being spent on it.

You will note I haven't commented on the future for Dorking FC.  Probably by the end of this season a clearer picture will emerge.

Yes Redhill have invested hugely in the pitch and for a club to take up that cost is a tick in the right box, the benefits can already be seen with our passing game but also in getting more games on will help cashflow, perhaps with hindsight if we had this pitch at the start of our Ryman campaign the club may have been on a different path....again with hindsight and it hurts me to say it but the club made a huge error in retaining the manager for the second season when the club had its reprieve, fans often say managers are not given enough time but come that Xmas at the latest things should have been done but the club stayed loyal and paid the huge price and on regulation we were looking for a new management team a season to late. Roll up the new guys and our first defeat on our first game away to Hartley Wintney we rocked up full of it with our Ryman branded shirts looking for a fast return to greatness, at the colliers wood game the fans had worked out the management and words were exchanged.....even one of the Collier fans came over to complain about the language from the dugout, next lesson dont abuse the match officials constantly for obvious reason!  and as for motivating the players little praise was ever heard.......thank goodness after the Guildford city game away they resigned but the damage had been done even after a remarkable end to our season run we did the drop.

So a new division, new shirts and a pitch we move on!

Yes Redhill have invested hugely in the pitch and for a club to take up that cost is a tick in the right box, the benefits can already be seen with our passing game but also in getting more games on will help cashflow, perhaps with hindsight if we had this pitch at the start of our Ryman campaign the club may have been on a different path....again with hindsight and it hurts me to say it but the club made a huge error in retaining the manager for the second season when the club had its reprieve, fans often say managers are not given enough time but come that Xmas at the latest things should have been done but the club stayed loyal and paid the huge price and on regulation we were looking for a new management team a season to late. Roll up the new guys and our first defeat on our first game away to Hartley Wintney we rocked up full of it with our Ryman branded shirts looking for a fast return to greatness, at the colliers wood game the fans had worked out the management and words were exchanged.....even one of the Collier fans came over to complain about the language from the dugout, next lesson dont abuse the match officials constantly for obvious reason!  and as for motivating the players little praise was ever heard.......thank goodness after the Guildford city game away they resigned but the damage had been done even after a remarkable end to our season run we did the drop.

So a new division, new shirts and a pitch we move on!

We got absolutely humped 0-3 at Redhill end of last season but the supporters were good fun. So more power to you at Kiln Brow.

well beaten by a good organised side, who were just better in all departments than we was.

Apart from the results the lose of key players due to injuries & suspensions now in the forthcoming weeks when we go back to the normal bread & butter football

well beaten by a good organised side, who were just better in all departments than we was.

Apart from the results the lose of key players due to injuries & suspensions now in the forthcoming weeks when we go back to the normal bread & butter football

Wrong Saturday?

Archived