Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wrexham can't dwell on FA Cup exit - Keates

FF News

Caretaker manager Dean Keates says Wrexham cannot dwell on their FA Cup exit against Stamford.

Wrexham were beaten 3-2 by the Northern Premier League Division One South side in a fourth qualifying round replay on Tuesday.

Keates will once again be in caretaker charge for Saturday's National League home game against Bromley.

"It's still very raw. But it's in the past and all we can worry about is the next game," Keates said.

"The lads have got to come out and put a performance on for themselves, a performance for the fans and a performance for the football club.

"They've got to stick their chest out, come out and give everything."

Wrexham are 15th in the National League table, one place and one point above Saturday's opponents Bromley.

Keates, 38, was put in caretaker charge along with Joey Jones and Andy Davies following the sacking of Gary Mills.

Ex-Wrexham midfielder Mickey Thomas says Keates is a contender to become the club's new manager and the former Dragons captain is relishing his first experience of management.

"I've had text messages here, there and everywhere, phone calls and players thrown at me so it's all different for me on that side," Keates added.

"It's been a rollercoaster of emotions but on a personal note, taking the other night's result out of it, I've enjoyed it."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

Source

Archived