Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Towners boss looks forward to the next decade

FF News

Biggleswade Town boss Chris Nunn has told fans he hopes to be at the helm for many more seasons after celebrating a decade in charge of the EVO-STIK League Southern's Waders.

Nunn told supporters at The Carlsberg Stadium this week that he has no desire to call time on his tenure any time soon in an interview with the local media to mark his 10 years at the helm.

Nunn, who was guiding his side at Merthyr Town on Saturday, has taken the Waders from the Spartan South Midlands League up to the EVO-STIK League Southern's top flight in ten years since taking over in October 2006.

With the Bedfordshire club's officials reportedly planning a special event to mark his milestone, Nunn told thecomet.net: "I’m 44 which is still young for a manager and while I’m still enjoying it, I’m looking to carry on.

“It’s a hobby and I don’t think about quitting. As long as we are improving on and off the pitch I’ll stay. From where we were we have made massive strides. To be in this league is fantastic and there’s no harm in wanting to stay here.”

The Waders boss added: “It’s gone so quick and it may sound like I’m on the X-Factor but I’ve loved every minute, even the games when you’re still learning. If you had said to me I’d still be here after 10 years I’d have laughed. At any level in football this rarely happens.

"But I’m proud of what we have achieved. I’ve had great support from Maurice [Dorrington]. We’re not just chairman and manager; we’re friends as well and get along. At the moment we’re still married.”

Source: www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk

Source

Archived